shape
carat
color
clarity

took a trip to the local jewlery store....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

drkewl

Rough_Rock
Just swung by one of the ''reputable'' family owned jewlery stores here in Charlottesville. Was just curious to see what my new 1.55 carat AGS000 would look like against their ideal cuts and hearts on fire diamonds. They had 3 salesgirls over there staring at my diamond, wondering how a ''normal'' ideal could look as firey and brilliant as mine (had me beaming with pride!) Next i asked to see some smaller RBs to get an idea of what a nice complementary side stone size would be.. she brought out a 0.4 AGS 1 cut, F VS2... price: $1850
14.gif

okkkkk...... I am now thanking the heavens i found pricescope... until now i didn''t really know how bad it was out there

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love Charlotesville! My sister got married there at the UVA Chapel! Congrats on finding an awesome ring at a good price. You just had a little preview of the rest of your life with "her" ... as people stop to stare at that great choice you made. Hope she''s as thrilled as we are for you both!

drkewl

Rough_Rock
Charlottesville and UVA are lovely indeed
1.gif
We met here as undergrads. I''m still here for medical school while she is now an hour east in Richmond.

I''ve seen many people get married at the chapel... but oddly i have never been in it... shame on me

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I was at a mall jewelry store today (trying on diamond studs "for size") and the sales person was very friendly, but (#1) the poor, sad diamonds were just pitiful and (#2) she didn''t have a clue what she was talking about. Among other things, she kept referring to the girdles of the stones as "the table". Finally I said, "Don''t you mean ''the girdle?'' " And she looked at me like I had just grown a huge hairy wart and said, (pointing again to the girdle) "That is called the TABLE!"

Alllllllllllllrighty then!
23.gif
20.gif
6.gif

Lynn

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results