shape
carat
color
clarity

Too Summery?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I''m going out tonight for my bday and wanted to wear a dress I bought awhile ago but have never worn. It''s a bit above the knee, black with colorful flowers and has spaghetti straps and just wondered if that''s too summery. I was thinking it would be ok if I wear a wrap w/it but not sure.

What do you think? Also, are open toe heels ok?

Thanks!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you''ll be OK with a wrap, but open toed shoes might be pushing it a bit, especially if you would wear them without hose (and I assume you would
2.gif
).

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
It might depend on where you live also. I''m in Arizona, and we''re still into the 90''s during the day, so I''m still wearing short skirts and open toed shoes. Most fashion rules don''t seem to apply here...

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Where I live, it hardly gets cold and feels like summer year round. I know its probbaly not "proper" but people pretty much wear whatever they like and don''t worry about the fashion rules. I would be more concerned about the colorful flowers on the dress than the open-toed shoes... but you''re probably ok wearing both depending on the weather where you live :)

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I think a peep-toe is okay all through the winter months, but not a strappy shoe. And, if you''re living in an area warm enough to wear a little dress, throw on a wrap and go.

Happy Birthday!
1.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies!

I live in the Midwest so it''s definitely fall here. I would definitely wear a coat over the dress/wrap so I''m wondering if it''s still ok.
33.gif
I get way too cold too easily for just a wrap.

What would you suggest regarding shoes? The shoes aren''t strappy but are sling-back and have the open toe. I''m wondering if that won''t work.
Hmmmm....maybe I need to do some quick shopping? All my nicer heels are more summery.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dixie, I think it's OK to wear the coat because you'll take it off once you get there.

But about the shoes again... I think opened toed only look right with no hose. They do have those hose with the toes cut out and only a loop around your big to to keep them in place, so that *might* be an option (but not in black--I think that look so goofy--black hose and then naked toes!)

So yep, maybe a quick shopping trip might be in order. Plus you never know what else you might find while you're out there just innocently looking for black shoes!
11.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
DJ, thanks for the quick response. Haven''t seen those cutout hose but I don''t think they''re for me. Any ideas on shoes?

Somethingshiny, sorry, I forgot before... Thanks for the bday wishes! I''m enjoying my day so far and looking fwd to tonight.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
The shoe I have and was thinking of wearing is kind of like this.

shoeslingback.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I love that shoe!! I have one very similar. I wore mine out the other night for MY birthday with a pair of jeans and a silver and black top. (also in the midwest)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dixie, obviously I'm waaaaay late to your thread, sorry. But I think you could definitely have gotten away with the black open toed slingbacks. Even with hosiery, as long as there is no visible seam line on the toe I'm all for hosiery with open toes in the midwest. (Sorry everyone, but ya gotta understand fashion takes a backseat sometimes to a gal's comfort level no matter what our age.)

Anywho, your dress sounds beautiful and I hope you had a fantastic time tonight. Sounds magical...keep us posted!
36.gif
35.gif

OMG, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIXIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
emotion-19.gif
emcake.gif
emcocktl.gif
emgift.gif
emnote.gif
emrainbow.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Somethingshiny, hope you had a Happy Birthday as well! Sounds like you had a cute outfit!

Monarch, thanks for the thoughts on the shoes. I ended up making a shopping trip, since I actually wanted to exchange something else anyway. I found some cute peep toe shoes that weren''t sling backs and decided to splurge a bit. Actually, they were reasonably priced. I think they went really well w/the dress.

While shopping, I started talking to this lady who had a personal shopper w/her. She said that peep toe shoes are definitely ok and very popular right now. She also said the current trend is to wear them w/hose. I''m not a big follower of the trends (just don''t want to be tacky!) but I thought that was interesting.

Anyway, the birthday night was great but last night, things didn''t go so well so I''m attempting to figure out the best way to move forward right now.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results