shape
carat
color
clarity

TOMORROW is the DAY!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JimDiamond

Shiny_Rock
I'm so excited! I propose to my girlfriend tomorrow night at the Huntingtion Gardens in Pasadena California.

I made an album which I will show her before the proposal. She'll know about the album, but she will not likely suspect the proposal. It starts out with pictures on decorated pages of us in various fun places and events (most of which she hasn't seen because I've been holding onto the film for this purpose). There are three pages dedicated to Disneyland a particular favorite of ours. Then there are 3 pages of (101 Reasons Why I Love You). I originally thought it would be about 20 reasons, but it turned out to be easy. The last page contains a poem I got here, which makes the women in my master's class just melt. At that point I will do the proposal itself.

Please opinions on this part:

What do you think: Should I do the actual proposal on bended knee as is traditionally thought of? Or should I do it sitting next to her (angled toward her and looking at her of course)? Should I use her full name when I ask or no name at all or what?

Thanks to all here and in the Pricescope forums for making this come together!

I'll let you know how it goes and post pictures of the ring in Show me the Ring after it's on her finger.

DobasD03

Rough_Rock
go with the one knee...you are allready setting the romance notch way up there, so be prepared to go the whole way. I have no opinion on the name...try saying it a few times each way and figure out which sounds best to you~!

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
anyway you do it will be special- one knee, sitting next to her, sitting behind her, or sitting on a big red bouncy ball! The occasion is what makes it special- whichever way you do it will have a romantic spin in the retelling- just because of the fact that you put so much thought into the planning.

As for the name- any way works well, but perhaps 'would you do me the honor of becoming mrs. 'her first name' 'your last name'? in any case- i am sure it will all go well, and again the romance is made by the occasion- not by the variable of the words you use.

Best wishes, and conratulations on the upcoming proposal!

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
I think I've said this before, but great choice on the Huntington Gardens! I don't live too far from there and try to visit it often. Their japanese garden is amazing, you don't even feel like you're in the united states. They also have an amazing bamboo thicket, the bamboo is so thick and tall. This might not be very romantic, but their cactus garden is very impressive as well. They also have a beautiful structure where they serve high tea.

Good luck with your proposal. It's ironic that you're proposing tomorrow because I'm attending a wedding tomorrow!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Bended knee. It's an icon I have burned in my brain 20+ years later.

Good luck. Have fun & don't forget to give us the details!

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 7/9/2004 6:05:05 PM jenwill wrote:

As for the name- any way works well, but perhaps 'would you do me the honor of becoming mrs. 'her first name' 'your last name'? in any case- i am sure it will all go well, and again the romance is made by the occasion- not by the variable of the words you use.

Best wishes, and conratulations on the upcoming proposal!

----------------

As the apparent bastion of tradition-breaking around here, I'd like to do the obligatory pointing-out that she may not want to change her name. In fact, very few women in my line of work do so, as it's a terrible career move
1.gif

However, I agree on the romance being in the occasion. Pet names work too... or just "my love, will you marry me?" is very nice. Good luck!

Bethanying

Shiny_Rock
Please let us know how it went!! Dying to know how she reacted.

Bethany
wink2.gif

SERBskywalker23

Rough_Rock
Congrats to you. I am also proposing to my girlfriend on the 12th and I am going to go down on one knee. That is what i would suggest to you as well. Good Luck with whatever you decide to do...

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Your plan sounds great. I vote for bended knee. Anything to add to the romance. As for the name: when you're in the heat of the moment who knows what you will be comfortable doing. I like the idea of practicing and getting the name choice that way.
Either way it sounds great.

Just don't say what my friend's husband did about being married: "How about Friday?" they were married at the court house. Sooo romantic.
errrr.gif

ps-I also like the bouncy red ball idea.
9.gif

JimDiamond

Shiny_Rock
SHE SAID YES!!!

I'll post the details in a new topic entitled, "SHE SAID YES!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results