shape
carat
color
clarity

Tolkowsky Mearsurements vs. HCA Rating

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Anniversary Girl

Rough_Rock
If the ideal Tolkowsky table range is 53 - 57%, how can a diamond with a 58% table still get a 1.0 HCA rating? Is that an error?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
there are ''ideal'' diamonds, ones that would get top grades from both gia and ags, that have tables above 57%. hca results reflect the angle combinations needed for a 58% table to perform well.

Anniversary Girl

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Belle! I was hoping that was the case. It is so scary to purchase a diamond when you know next to nothing. I should change my screen name to "Clueless in Seattle" instead of Anniversary Girl. LOL.

Thanks again.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you''re welcome ag!
it doesn''t have to be scary. just take your time and ask lots of questions. there is much information here.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Anniversary Girl, original Tolkowsky proportions have 53% Table and knife edge girdle.

In the real life, diamond should have some girdle to avoid chipping and table can be larger without sacrificing the light performance and increasing spread.

You can read more about girdle, table, and Tolkowsky proportions at Jasper'' site: http://www.folds.net/diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results