shape
carat
color
clarity

Today''s Topics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, great idea! I''d love to see both Jonathan and Bill P. on here!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2007 10:07:03 PM
Author: Pricescope

Date: 1/19/2007 6:06:05 PM
Author: strmrdr
:{
I want my Wink TV!!!!!!!
Now i gota surf the colored stone forum to get my gemstone fix!!
Now look at them yo-yo''s, that''s the way you do it
You show diamonds on that WinkTV
That ain''t workin'', that''s the way you do it
Money for nothin'' and your chicks for free
Now that ain''t workin'', that''s the way you do it
Lemme tell ya, them guys ain''t dumb
Maybe get a ruby on your little finger
Maybe get sapphire on your thumb

10.gif
We’ve got to install extra web cameras;
For custom jewellery deliveries;
We’ve got to work those vendors/appraisers;
We’ve got to get more wink ‘colour’ tv!

(sorry
5.gif
couldn''t resist! lol)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
^^ lol

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
hlmr, you nailed it
36.gif
Installing web-cams is most difficult part because it actually requires real physical labor.
3.gif

For everybody: It is our common desire to get more experts to use the system. Please be patient though: there is still quite a bit of work to be done.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/20/2007 7:15:09 PM
hlmr, you nailed it
36.gif
Installing web-cams is most difficult part because it actually requires real physical labor.
3.gif

For everybody: It is our common desire to get more experts to use the system. Please be patient though: there is still quite a bit of work to be done.
Now now Mr P, or is it Mrs P?

There is also the performers butterflys and directors competence to be considered too
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2007 7:15:09 PM
hlmr, you nailed it
36.gif
3.gif

36.gif

*waiting patiently*

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I get to see some SI-3 mudballs
I get to see cruise Jewelery.
I’ve got to grade these, blue topaz earrings.
I’ve got to grade these matching CZ’s
That ain’t working, that’s the way you do it.
Appraising jewelry on PSTV.
Now that ain't workin', that's the way you do it
Lemme tell ya, that’ll soon be me.
Maybe see a Solasfera!
Maybe see an In-fin-i-ty!
Ya gotta learn to grade them hearts.
Ya gotta use that DiamCalc tool.
Ya gotta know those Sarin numbers
To spot a stone that Storm calls kewl.
That ain’t working, that’s the way you do it.
Watching diamonds on PSTV.
Now that ain't workin', that's the way you do it
Money for nothing and your chicks for free.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have some very talented people on here!
9.gif

I''m never gonna get that song out of my head.
11.gif

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
9.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
face6.gif
face9.gif
face1.gif
emrainbow.gif
trying to vote for tie-dye

movie zombie

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow im famous there is even a song bout me :}

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
ummmm... could you talk about or do a session on colored stones??? PLEAASE!!!!!

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I'm going to a big gem show in Tucson in a few weeks and I was hoping to get some good material to talk about on what's going on in the colored gem world. I'm a little worried about coming across like one of those talking heads on late night Home Shopping TV but without the perfect hair and killer photography.

I’m putting together some material about gem treatments and am building a set of slides about craftsmanship problems in setting that y’all will possibly find interesting. Assembling an hours worth of good slides and general information is tough. I’m not nearly as smart as Wink or John, not nearly as good looking as Garry or Dave and I don’t have a cool accent like Leonid or Paul. I don't wear much tie die these days but I do have quite a few Jerry Garcia neckties.

10.gif

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
But you have a yellow bra on and it''s hip enough for me.
irina
41.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2007 5:51:50 PM
But you have a yellow bra on and it''s hip enough for me.
irina
41.gif
LOL! I kept seeing that too.
9.gif

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Date: 1/21/2007 5:03:33 PM
Author: denverappraiser

I''m going to a big gem show in Tucson in a few weeks and I was hoping to get some good material to talk about on what''s going on in the colored gem world. I''m a little worried about coming across like one of those talking heads on late night Home Shopping TV but without the perfect hair and killer photography.

I’m putting together some material about gem treatments and am building a set of slides about craftsmanship problems in setting that y’all will possibly find interesting. Assembling an hours worth of good slides and general information is tough. I’m not nearly as smart as Wink or John, not nearly as good looking as Garry or Dave and I don’t have a cool accent like Leonid or Paul. I don''t wear much tie die these days but I do have quite a few Jerry Garcia neckties.

10.gif

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
hmmm...the truth comes out
23.gif

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

I''m going to a big gem show in Tucson in a few weeks and I was hoping to get some good material to talk about on what''s going on in the colored gem world. I''m a little worried about coming across like one of those talking heads on late night Home Shopping TV but without the perfect hair and killer photography.

I’m putting together some material about gem treatments and am building a set of slides about craftsmanship problems in setting that y’all will possibly find interesting. Assembling an hours worth of good slides and general information is tough. I’m not nearly as smart as Wink or John, not nearly as good looking as Garry or Dave and I don’t have a cool accent like Leonid or Paul. I don''t wear much tie die these days but I do have quite a few Jerry Garcia neckties.

10.gif

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Remeber Neil, you need to plan to talk for about 20-30 minutes and reply to the interactive questions (and ignore the tom foolery ones) in this type of presentation.

You will get great questions that you will be well qualified to answer from the hip.

If you finish early then that''s ok too :)

(Irina - stop it - you''r awful as they say in the aussie movies)

BTW the lyryics have been fab

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Pardon the fun for an on-topic moment
1.gif

I'm involved in workshops most of this week and won't have an afternoon time but I hope to do an evening session or two mid-week.

More info when I can firm it up.

Thanks. Now, back to the music...
9.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/22/2007 12:01:35 AM
Author: JohnQuixote
Pardon the fun for an on-topic moment
1.gif

I''m involved in workshops most of this week and won''t have an afternoon time but I hope to do an evening session or two mid-week.

More info when I can firm it up.

Thanks. Now, back to the music...
9.gif
I will do an early session 19 hours from now, at what i believe is 8pm EST monday evening

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I will try to do a noon session today. I have several boxes of Richard Homer stones that must be returned today for him to take to Tucson. I will be showing as many of his stones as I can, from hot pink tourmaline to ruby red spinel to incredible paprika spessartites to exquisite green tsavorite garnets and chrome tourmaline.

There might also be some supercalfragalisticexpialidocious sapphires in deep rich blues to bright yellows, but that could only be a rumor...

If you have a favorite you wish to see, be there to ask, I may just have a specimen or two, there are two or three hundred stones in the boxes I have. I was fortunate to have these over Christmas and although many of them are now gone, there are some incredible gems left for me to share with you for one quick glimps of live action before they are returned. For those of you who have wondered what the concave faceting looks like in real life rather than in still shots, I think you will be amazed at how well they show on the live camera.

Sorry for the short notice, but life is wonderful and busy, so sometimes I just have to grab a chance when I can. I will give you as much time as I can and be prepared to answer questions and show as many stones as we can cram into the time. Bring your questions and your curiosity. I will talk a little also about Richard and how he and I got started together back in 1979.

Storm, thank you for the suggestion, I am glad to respond in the favorable.

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That''s noon EST by the way...

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

10.gif

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA

looking forward to hearing more about color stones.....please make mention in the color stone forum as i rarely venture over here......make sure you get a picture taken with you wearing a jerry tie! oh, and happy shopping!

movie zombie

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Wink kicken show!
Wish I could have caught more of it!!!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
8pm EST - 5 1/2 hours from now

I will be doing a 1 hour plus questions general discussion based around the pipeline that diamonds follow from mine to consumer following the stages in this chart.

It will be a rambling overview with the economics of each stage and some of my personal experiances within them.
This is the top half of the pipeline chart from IDEX for 2005 - the whole thing is too hard to read if I shrink it more

pipeline 2005 top.JPG

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Whew. Just finished my first test-session.

I must say it is even more hard work than I could imagine. It also shows how limited I still am at speaking in English. Writing is so much easier.

Thank you all for your kind words, and carrying me through this.

Like I said, this was just a test-session without proper preparation. Now, I can get prepared to do the same subject properly. Will try to get it done before the week-end, so that I can do the webinar during the week-end.

And now, I need a Duvel. Cheers.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Paul. We can set up a gallery for you to store your images you can use for presentations. Also, having a camera to show diamonds will be great.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you did great paul

cheers!
Duvel%20beer%20glass.jpg

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Paul

You were easily understood. We all stumble for the right word even in our own native language sometimes, so to the listener it just seems as though you are thinking of how to say it rather than thinking what the english word for it is.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results