shape
carat
color
clarity

today''s Qs...what is the most you ever paid for a...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I''m pretty cheap when it comes to these things. I generally like to stay around $20-50 with either shoes or bags. The caveat is that I buy a TON of them, so it adds up.

Purse: $135, tokidoki for Lesportsac (I''m SO obsessed with their bags; I have about 5 of them!)

Dress: $550 for my wedding dress. If that doesn''t count, then $245 for a very expensive designer bridesmaid dress. For things not wedding-related, about $100.

Shoes: About $75 for Natalie Portman Te Casan shoes from Rue La La, followed by $20 in alterations from my shoe guy because the ankle straps were too small (just made them into backstraps). My mom has bought more expensive shoes for me, but this is the most I''ve spent on myself.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
handbag - 3K (Chanel)

dress 400.00

shoes 400.00

don''t spend like that anymore. I have shoes and clothes in my closet I had forgotten about,
kinda stupid when you think about it.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Handbag: $110 coach

Dress: I think about $350

Shoes: I have spent $150, BF bought me a very nice pair of riding boots which are the most expensive shoes I own.

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
I am glad that everyone who posted felt happy at their weddings and felt like brides, whether they had on a $60 dress or a $4k dress. I don''t have a problem either with someone wanting to save money on their wedding day, or wanting to marry younger when they don''t have money (or just when they don''t have money) or treating themselves to a really expensive dress that made them feel great. So long as the wedding lasts,that''s the main thing!

I do love the blue birkin. I will never own a birkin but if I ever came into really big bucks, that''s the handbag I would get. I love that it really is handmade. I object to paying big money for some other handbags that are actually made in china now and sell for expensive prices for the logo, but the hermes bags truly are quality products. Was that a Constance that I saw behind the Birkin?

I feel proud of snagging bargains (oh, I love that $5 dress) but if I feel something is worth it and I can afford it, i will spend the money. I don''t buy very expensive dresses because the quality is to me, not up to standard nowadays. I sew myself and I wear a lot of vintage, and I see no reason to pay $$$ for something in stretch fabric with serged seams, patterns not lined up on the side, and all kinds of other quality issues that I see in expensive stores nowadays. But that''s just me.

I drive a horrible car--but have a beautiful and expensive home. I routinely walk around wearing $15 jeans from Kohls--and $10,000 diamond studs. some days I carry a Coach handbag, some days I carry a handmade handbag a friend made which is hand stamped and very artistic, some days I carry a crocodile purse I scored at Goodwill for $10, and some days I carry a (gasp!) fake designer handbag. My brother is the fashion police and he says this makes him terribly, terribly ashamed, but I do not care.

I guess the thing is, I buy things that i want or like, not things that I think other people will like or that they might equate with status. I do like to feel secure, though. A cushion of savings in the bank is very important to me.

ursulawrite

Shiny_Rock
Handbag: $1400 Louis Vuitton
Dress: $5k wedding dress
Shoes: $450 Tory Burch heels/$800 Bruno Magli boots

TB heels aside, all the other purchases were made in my early 20s. I''m far less inclined to choose obvious designer labels these days, and prefer vintage/scouring Nolita or Lower East Side boutiques for one-offs.

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm...

Bag: $500 @ Coach
Dress: ~$1500 for wedding dress (including alterations)
Shoes: $800 Christian Louboutin

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I have never gone over 5 figures [to the left of the decimal point] for a single piece in your categories. Luckily, I rarely have to pay full price.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bag: ~250 for a small Roche leathers bag. I''ll need a larger one next time, so more $$
Dress: probably ~350-400 for a business suit, probably on sale.
Shoes: ~ 180, Ralph Lauren boots at Marshall''s

I''m a bargain hunter by birth (thanks, Mom!) so I''ve had the pleasure of owning some higher-end labels even on a modest budget.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Handbag...$1K
Dress...$500 (wedding dress)
Shoes...maybe $75??? Not sure, but I am not much of a shoe girl.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
OK, what''s with these Coach bags? What am I missing. I noticed this week that one of my girlfriend''s has one. Another is screaming at her Dad to buy her one (and at 47, that''s not dignified
emangry.gif
).

I don''t think I''ve ever seen one until this week.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Black Jade:
Was that a Constance that I saw behind the Birkin?

Hi, Black Jade - that was a Constance.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Bag: $1300

Dress: 4K - my wedding dress

Shoes: $400.00. I not really a shoe person.
2.gif

I dont spend like that anymore though. Those habits were from my young/wild/single/mortgage-free days
3.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I am
23.gif
at some of these numbers!

I need to show my SO this thread so he can see how good he has it. I do not have expensive tastes, apparently! I thought J. Crew was expensive and I haunt their SALES rack! LOL

I almost bought an $80 hat once... it was beautiful, and worth the money, but I took it back because I didn''t really have anywhere to wear it.
28.gif

The most expensive ''thing'' that I have ever purchased was my pure bred dog for 1K
14.gif
, but I would spend that much on a big tv any day!
31.gif

9.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
shoes:50.00
bag:30.00
suit:$300
I was raised to value shop for quality.The best buy on shoes were a $400 pair of leather dress shoes for$23.00,the suit for $169 that retailed for $700,the leather bag for $20 that retailed for $250.00...all item were only about one year out of the retail stores.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Handbag - 60 Euro for my Longchamps bag
Dress - The most expensive dress I''ve paid for was US$89. The most expensive dress I have was my prom dress from senior year of HS, which was about S$400 (ummm....I can''t remember what the conversion rate was when we got it. Maybe US$300?)
Shoes - 125 Euro

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a poor person lol

Purse $40
Dress $200 wedding dress (25 years ago)
Shoes $50 wedding shoes

not sure with inflation what they would cost today, but I never spend much money on me, I dont go anywhere fancy and I work from home, so I tend to shop at Walmart, Target and Kohl''s for my stuff

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bag- $495 on 2nd hand jimmy choo ramona bag

Dress-$2300 on wedding dress

Shoes- $1200 (I''m a total shoe girl-will save for months and then blow it on a pair).

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 1:32:33 AM
Author: Gailey
OK, what''s with these Coach bags? What am I missing. I noticed this week that one of my girlfriend''s has one. Another is screaming at her Dad to buy her one (and at 47, that''s not dignified
emangry.gif
).

You actually KNOW a 47 yr old woman who badgers her dad about buying her a Coach? Really?
6.gif

My dad would think I had lost my mind. (Well, he''d think that even if I bought it for myself.
3.gif
)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
handbag....Chloe...bit over 2k AUD
shoes....hrmmmm...I *think* it would be my most recent ones,
again Chloes , ~ 500AUD (?).
and dress, I had to think about. Not much of a dress person. Maybe
about $250 for a silk number from Country Road; which incidentally has served
me well through 2 weddings and a funeral
2.gif

BTW,
457492dro0rb016c.gif

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
purse: $40 (I am really not a purse person, whatever looks ok and does the job.) My current purse is a $35 Nine West.
dress: 730 wedding dress + 250 in alterations. Normally I only buy clothes (with exception of suits) for under $100.
shoes: 90 for boots. Well, I did buy a pair of $300 purple satin shoes that I was thinking of wearing with my wedding dress but they didn''t go so I returned it. I really couldn''t have stomached paying so much for shoes anyways. My wedding shoes wound up being 69 dollars.

That said, the blue birkin is very very pretty.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
just to bring down the average

handbag: around $48
dress $88 (actually not my wedding dress but pretty sundress from L & Taylor), my wedding dress was around $60
shoes $72 leather sandals (my wedding shoes were up there too $55-60 (white leather mary janes with stacked heel)

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
purse: $200?
dress: wedding: 500, non-wedding: 400
shoes: maybe $120 for some boots

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/15/2009 2:16:55 PM
Author: litebrite

That said, the blue birkin is very very pretty.
Agreed!
9.gif

Wow. Ok I hate dresses, so I think like... $200?? but it was on sale. Purses? and shoes? Less than $100... I feel lame! I''m not really a girly girl though... but I might have to change that.

I am amazed at everyone right now! (not in a bad way)..

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bag: either a Chanel or an LV piece of luggage - about $4k (I can't remember which was more expensive); currently coveting a Hermes Birkin which will def top the bill
Dress: an evening gown by Jenny Packham or a cocktail dress by Gucci - abt $2k (again, can't remember which), both were in the sale
Shoes: Jimmy Choo - abt $1k

I hardly paid any money for my wedding dress. I was a cheapskate (sp?) at the time. If I were to do it all over again, it'd def be a Vera Wang. Those are absolutely GORGEOUS.
30.gif

We only paid about $35k for our wedding and honeymoon combined, and we thought it was a HUGE amount of money. I'd love to see pics of a $100k wedding, or actually go to one. Wow!! It's like a fairytale wedding!! I don't think we'd ever fathom spending that kind of money on a wedding, but hey, to each their own.

(MB, that is one bag TDF for sure!!
30.gif
30.gif
)

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 1:51:25 PM
Author: HollyS

Date: 7/15/2009 1:32:33 AM
Author: Gailey
emangry.gif
).

You actually KNOW a 47 yr old woman who badgers her dad about buying her a Coach? Really?
6.gif

My dad would think I had lost my mind. (Well, he''d think that even if I bought it for myself.
3.gif
)
Yeah, I do and she should be ashamed of herself. She''s very good at spending her Dad''s money - but then again, he''s very happy to indulge her since he lost his wife. Takes all sorts I suppose!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Bag- $350 by me. However, most of my nice purses/bags are gifts.
Dress- $540 (Wedding dress)
Shoes- $950 (Wedding shoes)
Jeans- $325

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Handbag- I have never spent more than $100 on a bag, my Dad bought me an LV bag last year that I suspect would of been quite pricey.

Dress- $600, soon to purchase my wedding dress which im budgeting $2,000.

Shoes- $179

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, I think I'm fairly cheap (relatively speaking!) in these categories - which is good, because I like jewelry
3.gif

Purse: Probably no more than $350 - love my leather Coach Carly, and I got a 25% discount. I have a couple LVs, though those were gifts

Shoes: No more than $150 - Stuart Weitzmans on sale

Dress: About $800? This was for my nice suit

On the other hand, I'm about to spend $1600 (not counting shipping) on my two kittens....

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Small admission here DF,

I have been known to drop silly sums of money on sunglasses. I was once stuck in terminal 3 at Heathrow, my plane was delayed. So having had a very nice smoked salmon platter and several glasses of champagne, I paid £300 ($500) for a pair of Bvlgari sunglasses with just a very discerning tint. Paid for them out of my UK acct, so Mr Gailey has no idea - he''d have me certified!

Ooh, let''s have a sunglasses thread, with pictures - eh DF?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results