shape
carat
color
clarity

Today keeps getting worse

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
FF just called. He got fired out of the blue for no reason.

I have no idea what we''re going to do.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are they allowed to fire him for nothing? Thats not good.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Oh no, I''m so sorry
7.gif
That''s really awful. He had no idea it was coming?

Here''s hoping he finds a new job ASAP!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Elle, Oh no, I am so sorry to hear this. The economy sucks so bad right now. So many people are losing their jobs. I am sending fairy dust, in hopes that he finds another job asap.

girls_49.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
7.gif
I am really sorry Elledizzy. I hope things get better for you soon .

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish I could say he lost his job due to "economy" but that''s not the case.

His boss said "It just wasn''t working out."

He''s never had a review, any documented discipline of any kind, or any negative feedback.

Seems personal to me. This coming only weeks after me switching to part time instead of full time work and going to school full time. This couldn''t have happened at a worse time.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
That''s too bad. I''m so sorry elle!

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Forgive me if you have mentioned this before, but how long was FF at his job before this happened? It just seems strange to me that they can get rid of him just like that without any warnings or anything.

Sending lots of dust your way that things will turn around soon for him and he will find an even better position. Hugs!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That stinks, so sorry elle.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2008 3:51:07 PM
Author: Patiently_Waiting
Forgive me if you have mentioned this before, but how long was FF at his job before this happened? It just seems strange to me that they can get rid of him just like that without any warnings or anything.

Sending lots of dust your way that things will turn around soon for him and he will find an even better position. Hugs!

Not very long. He started in April, so almost 6 months. We always got this feeling from his boss that he was doing FF a favor by letting him have a job. I was always worried about him getting fired. That made me really nervous, but FF kind of blew it off. I''m pissed that my intuition was DEAD on.
29.gif

Thanks for all of your support everyone. It''s just a scary thing to happen. Hopefully I can cheer him up. I''m starting to feel like it was a blessing in disguise, but that doesn''t make it any easier to pay the bills.

Trying to stay positive.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Oh, elle, I''m sorry to hear that. It''s really hard when things (important, necessary things) get screwed up.

I''m keeping my fingers crossed that this turns out for the best, and that something wonderful comes along for him asap.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Elle
Tell him to file for unemployment from them. They can''t just fire him out of the blue like that after that period of time with no reasoning.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elle, I''m so sorry! ((((HUGS))))
7.gif

Definitely tell him to file for unemployment ASAP. And hopefully he''ll get a much better job soon, one where he''s not made to feel like they''re doing him some kind of favor by letting him work there!
20.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
That news stinks for your DH, I am sorry!!

As a first step, definitely have him apply for unemployment.

I am not sure what state you live in (assuming you even live in the USA), but if your state is a "work at will" state, an employer can fire you without reason, notice, documentation, etc. The catch is, the state (at least Illinois) tends to side with the former employee, so the former employee is most likely going to be able to collect unemployment. Since there is no paper trail on your husband, meaning his former employer did not conduct a performance appraisal, doucment misconduct, etc., his chances increase even more. If there is any paperwork that has been collected against your hubby, I believe his former employer must share that documentation prior to the telephone hearing with the mediator, who then forwards to your hubby so that he is not caught off guard. This is of course assuming his former employer tries to fight his unemployment claim, he might just let it go. Your husband must do his part in cooperating with the unemployment process and officials (he can apply online for unemployment, btw).

2nd step, get his resume revised...

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry. That''s lousy news.

It sounds as though you''re getting good advice from this thread though! I might take tonight to watch a terrible movie and eat something comforting like spaghetti (or whatever your couple comfort foods are). Of course, I''m well known for my ostrich approach to stress... But I''d cocoon tonight.

Then tomorrow, unemployment filing and a new resume, and a positive outlook!

Good luck to you both.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results