shape
carat
color
clarity

To keep or not to keep - that is the question.

To keep or not to keep - that is the question.

• Keep it!

Votes: 34 85.0%
  • Return it

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I bought this stick pin on a lark thinking it would be a pretty pendant. It’s platinum and gold. What do you guys think? It was $225 and I have 30 days to return. If I did a conversion I would probably do it myself with some pliers.

In trying to show pictures of my neck, my skin got really aggravated so excuse my reddish skin!
Even with all the photos I could not get a great neck shot with the item in focus.
90C7B5C4-C127-4A56-B54F-2EFA4E82BB6E.jpeg 9CB47A42-26BB-4348-BEA8-446A1F370600.jpeg 64D5DB5C-6683-4905-BBCB-9D7B602DC732.jpeg

711A6445-9157-4A22-BB10-31AA7D3E1018.jpeg

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it! Can’t tell much about the quality of the stone but love the shape and engraving and price is good!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I like it! Can’t tell much about the quality of the stone but love the shape and engraving and price is good!

The stone is pretty included but I did like the shape and engraving.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
It’s a deal!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please don't think I am being bossy and horrible! I just want to help!
I love this stickpin, but I have a few concerns.
I'm only mentioning this because I have done this surgery myself, with mixed results.

If you are gonna use piers to make a pendant, I wanted to point some things out.
Based on the way the pin is attached to the back, if you bend it down to make a bail, the face of the pendant will pitch forward while you are wearing it.
On the other hand, you could bend it upwards to create a loop more on top, but the pin may be really brittle, and you could snap it off.
That's a chance you would take.
The best way for this to be turned into a pendant is to have the bail soldered directly on top by a jeweler, so it hangs properly. IMG_20220111_072238306~2.jpg

Last edited:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Please don't think I am being bossy and horrible! I just want to help!
I love this stickpin, but I have a few concerns.
I'm only mentioning this because I have done this surgery myself, with mixed results.

If you are gonna use piers to make a pendant, I wanted to point some things out.
Based on the way the pin is attached to the back, if you bend it down to make a bail, the face of the pendant will pitch forward while you are wearing it.
On the other hand, you could bend it upwards to create a loop more on top, but the pin may be really brittle, and you may snap it off.
That's a chance you would take.
The best way for this to be turned into a pendant is to have the bail soldered directly on top by a jeweler, so it hangs properly. IMG_20220111_072238306~2.jpg

That is super helpful. I was thinking of doing it like the first way you mentioned bc I also like the slide look. Hmmm guess I will need to rethink. And no you aren’t being bossy at all!!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is super helpful. I was thinking of doing it like the first way you mentioned bc I also like the slide look. Hmmm guess I will need to rethink. And no you aren’t being bossy at all!!

I don't think it would cost that much for a jeweler to solder on a bail. If it doesn't hang properly, you won't really want to wear it, and it will sit in your jewelry box.
*I just saw your response^

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think it would cost that much for a jeweler to solder on a bail. If it doesn't hang properly, you won't really want to wear it, and it will sit in your jewelry box.
*I just saw your response^
I guess that's typical, for their time and what little work it really is.

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Would you consider converting it into a ring?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it was mine, I would keep it as a pin to wear with my formal business jackets etc...

Otherwise, it makes a nice pendant.

DK :))

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I thought we are on ban island together.
Hello? Hello (Echoing into the distance ....)

:D

Shouldn’t there be a Ban Island threshold-like Duty Free Shopping? Under $300 doesn’t really count?:lol-2:

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes to what @Lookinagain posted above.

This is what my son had done for his GF for a stickpin conversion -> pendant. Tiny jump-ring in the same plane as the pendant, then a bigger ring (which in this instance was clumsily flattened from a round to an oval because: COVID supply chain, I think). But the jump-ring was nicely done and it hangs perfectly flat and vertical. (The brass button thing at the very bottom is just the catch for the box).

The stickpin was an eBay gamble American Arts & Crafts 14K plus high-kt gold plate and garnet -- maybe 5/8" before the jump-ring.

Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 11.29.21 PM.png

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Yes to what @Lookinagain posted above.

This is what my son had done for his GF for a stickpin conversion -> pendant. Tiny jump-ring in the same plane as the pendant, then a bigger ring (which in this instance was clumsily flattened from a round to an oval because: COVID supply chain, I think). But the jump-ring was nicely done and it hangs perfectly flat and vertical. (The brass button thing at the very bottom is just the catch for the box).

The stickpin was an eBay gamble American Arts & Crafts 14K plus high-kt gold plate and garnet -- maybe 5/8" before the jump-ring.

Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 11.29.21 PM.png

That is really pretty!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results