shape
carat
color
clarity

To Cut or not to Cut?

RTFrog

Shiny_Rock
Hi Chrono,

That is some very nice work, I like it. While the hues may have changed subtly, the cut itself more than makes up for it. I bet the dispersion from every angle displays unique fireworks. Certainly helped the material was beautiful to being with, just polished and more complete now. :appl:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful. I can't think of anything else to say!

--- Laurie

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1386619133|3570759 said:
Thank you! The sphene is ever so slightly less green now but the dispersion and liveliness is so far improved that the trade-off is worth it.

Freke,
I hope Jerry's assessment of your stone as a recut candidate will be positive.

ES,
I can't wait for your review of the newly recut yellow sapphire.

I agree - the trade-off is WELL worth it - I know I see sparkle before anything else! I can't wait to give you a review - just keeping my fingers crossed that the color held, notwithstanding the pics, but I imagine that even if it shifted a bit, the trade-off there will be worth it as well!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Looks great Chrono - onward to setting! :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Starzin. I know what I want for the earring stones but am not sure about the big oval yet. This will definitely be a 2014 project. I have 2 high karat yellow gold pendants that I no longer wear and am considering swapping out the center stone for this sphene if it fits. I like reusing old settings and giving them new life again.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's a great idea to re-use a setting you like and already have - pics please?
They will look superb in high carat gold!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results