shape
carat
color
clarity

TL, did you recently put an oval into a cushion setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I think I remember this, but couldn''t find it anywhere. Excuse me if I''m entirely wrong! I''m wondering because I might attempt a similar feat...I''m looking at a 6x7 type of roval stone, and found a cushion setting I love, but I''m still on the fence because of logistics. Any chance you could share a picture?

And, your new Mahenge ring needs a thread!
11.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2010 1:29:36 AM
Author:IndyLady
I think I remember this, but couldn''t find it anywhere. Excuse me if I''m entirely wrong! I''m wondering because I might attempt a similar feat...I''m looking at a 6x7 type of roval stone, and found a cushion setting I love, but I''m still on the fence because of logistics. Any chance you could share a picture?

And, your new Mahenge ring needs a thread!
11.gif
Hi Indy,
Yes, I did only because I wanted instant gratification with this stone, and it didn''t look bad in there. I know Pricescopers have extremely high standards for settings and making sure the shape fits the setting, so I didn''t post many pictures of this in fear that people might wince when they see it.
emsmilep.gif
To me (much lower standards when it comes to settings), I like it in here, and it does the job. I also recently saw a large oval tsavorite in the same legacyesque cushion setting on Gem Shopping Network (I like to watch
emembarrassed.gif
, but I yell "liar!!" at the hosts like they can hear me). When I saw that, I didn''t feel so odd. Well, you be the judge. 2.2 ct tsavorite in 7x7 LOGR legacy.

TLtsavlegacy.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also did have a thread on my Mahenge, but it was loose. Here's another photo of the ring. I feel like I post so many threads as it is, so I just shove other photos of new things in eyecandy. 2.2 ct Mahenge (same size as the tsav) doing some fluor outside on a partly cloudy day. I'm personally not crazy about how it looks in here. Look at how it darkens towards the tip. The stone is a little sleepy so it is surrounded by too much metal I think. I want a more delicate setting for it, and probably 18K YG. It reminds me a little of a ruby. I love rubies in 18K YG.

TLMahenge_in_halo_fluor.JPG

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lovely spinel - I just love the sleepy look. But I agree that delicate yellow gold would be much better for it.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
TL, I think the oval looks great in that setting! A lot of squat-ish looking ovals look so similar to cushions that I think it looks just fine, even in a magnified photo.

I remember seeing the Mahenge loose, and I actually think it looks great in that setting. I love the delicate double halo, and I while I do love yellow gold, I like that Mahenge in white. It does remind me of a ruby, which would probably explain why I fell so hard for it!
12.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2010 1:42:19 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain
Lovely spinel - I just love the sleepy look. But I agree that delicate yellow gold would be much better for it.
Thank you LadyD. I am actually thinking about putting this padparadscha colored spinel in that setting instead. Yay? Nay???

TLpadspinelpear.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2010 3:13:22 PM
Author: IndyLady
TL, I think the oval looks great in that setting! A lot of squat-ish looking ovals look so similar to cushions that I think it looks just fine, even in a magnified photo.

I remember seeing the Mahenge loose, and I actually think it looks great in that setting. I love the delicate double halo, and I while I do love yellow gold, I like that Mahenge in white. It does remind me of a ruby, which would probably explain why I fell so hard for it!
12.gif
Thank you Indy,
You''re too kind.
1.gif

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would be worried that the colour of the pad might be overwhelmed by the double halo. How about a bright splash of colour, like a tsav or a spess?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2010 3:46:55 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain
I would be worried that the colour of the pad might be overwhelmed by the double halo. How about a bright splash of colour, like a tsav or a spess?
I have a tsavorite already, so I''m not aching for another. I already have my spess pear which is in a modified double halo with a DNA shank. I think you''re right though, the halo might overwhelm the color of that delicate spinel shade.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results