shape
carat
color
clarity

Tips for Fellow LIWs

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oopsie, I forgot to post on Thurs/Fri. Here's another topic ::)

Can you share your tips and info bits that you'd love for other LIWS, and those LIW newbies to know? And as always, non-LIWs are welcome since ya'll have been there and done that and know this journey the best.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The more you mention it, the more he'll freak out. Yes, M, stop asking on an hourly basis when he's going to propose! :nono:

When you're feeling LIWitis, post here. The other LIWs are great to vent to, and always have support and advice. Don't go b*tching to your SO or friends.

Be careful about who you divulge this sensitive topic to. Even your BFFs might show their ugly colors if they know you're a LIW, or that you're part of the ring choosing process, etc etc.

Keep active or you'll lose your spot. What's the point of joining a LIW list if you aren't going to participate in conversation, or whatnot? We want to know you! Lurkers are creepy! http://youtu.be/tLPZmPaHme0 hehe. Remember to post at least once in three months, anywhere on PS to keep your spot!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Here's my tip to everyone (incl. myself) relax! if you are lucky enough to have an amazing relationship, treasure it - enjoy it...the ring WILL come.

Which leads me back to madelise's #1 tip - try to let him have fun with it! Most of us have picked out every detail of our ring. The proposal is all they have left. Don't stress them out with asking when it will happen. (This reminds me of the annoying people in a car on a road trip saying "are we there yet?" )

Ravenne

Rough_Rock
Try not to use all of the allotted 'budget' if at all possible. What it's looking like now, I'll come in at least $200 under what my BF has said he's willing to spend. And I could see the relief on his face when I told him it wasn't going to be as much as we originally thought.

And if the crazy LIW gets too crazy for you, try coming up with activities to do together that take your mind off it. We've recently taken up laser tag (we go with a big group of friends) and it's a huge blast. It's hard to obsess over sparklies in a dark room while trying not to get shot at. And I can't imagine any guy not being thrilled that his girl is excited to run around with a fake gun playing cowboys and indians. LOL

I agree with not bringing it up with friends. It only makes things weird...

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Try not pin all of your hope and happiness onto your impending engagement! It is easy to slip into LIWitis tunnel vision - its not enjoyable for you or your spouse.. or anyone else! Remember all of the other great happenings in your life you have to enjoy, and remember you have snagged yourself a wonderful SO!

As 'lame' as it sounds, DISTRACTION is a beautiful thing. Embrace it like a warm hug!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results