shape
carat
color
clarity

Tipping a Stylist''s Assistant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
OK... PS''ers I know you will give me good advice..I recently went to a new salon... after my regular stylist refused to see me since I was 10 minutes late ( due to holiday traffic )...I will save that story for another time Well, the new stylist was the owner and gave me the BEST haircut I have ever had. I was so pleased.

She had an " assistant " who really just stood by her for the most part.He did help her dry my hair - both of them with blow driers in their hands at the same time. One worked on one half of my head

He maybe "assisted" for about 5 minutes tops.. What would an appropriate tip be in a situation like this ? Do I give her the tip.. and she gives him a share? I put the money at her station , he was there and told him that was "their" tip..

I really was impressed with her, so I plan on going back

Thanks

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven't had to do this in awhile as my salon is so small that my stylist does everything for me but at my old salon I would tip the shampoo girl/assistant $5. Usually the owner of a salon doesn't accept tips...so you might want to find out what happens if you leave her a tip.

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with neat, I tip the shampoo person and the person actually doing my hair...you leave the stylist a tip and they give or divide as they see fit. (Can''t tip everyone for goodness sake lol)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tipping seems to be a common topic on PS lately. Possibly it's with the economy and most of us trying to cut back.

nycbkgirl is right. You cannot tip everyone, but do the best you can. I'm still peeved that the other day someone here on PS said that unless you can tip a stylist, you shouldn't be getting your hair cut by anyone other than a friend (I mentioned my friend with MS being on SS and not having very much to dedicate to hair cuts and that poster said then my friend shouldn't endulge in the "luxury" of even Supercuts)
20.gif
. Tipping is just too weird of a topic to continually debate. I've tipped 20% for years and finally got sick of trying to keep everyone happy and now only tip hairdressers and resturant servers.

Anyway, Crystalheart, glad you found a great new hairdresser
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results