shape
carat
color
clarity

timing issue

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

boston33

Rough_Rock
Whats going on everyone!

I have my proposal all set, but i need help on the timing. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

First off, its going to be a surprise, she is just going to think we are celebrating our anniversary.

We are going to check into a hotel in the morning, go to this special chocolate buffet at our hotel. Then after that we are going to walk around the city. At this time my sister and her bf will be in our hotel room decorating, with flowers, and candles and whatnot. I was thinking about doing a horse and carriage ride while we were waiting.

Then I am going to take her back to the hotel probably around 3ish...and bring her to the room. She will thing that the decorations is part of the anniversary gift cause i have done this in the past. Anyways here is where I dont know what to do. I have a little gift for her that will lead into me giving her the ring. I was planning on giving her the ring after she opens the gift.

This will be around 3:30 or so, and we can have a few hours to soak up everything. Around 6 we have dinner reservations at a fancy restaurant so we will get all dressed up and go out.

After dinner, I am deciding whether we should go see a play at 8:00, hang out on the town, or take a midnight cruise on the harbor.

We arent the type who likes crazy attention so i want to propose more or less in private. Not on a jumbotron or in the middle of a restaurant or anything, its just the way we are.

My dilema is....is doing it in the afternoon the right time? Should I wait till after we are dressed and ready to go to dinner? Should I do it after dinner, or would it be better for her to wear it out? Also...do you think she would want to sit at a play after all this, some people say that thats the last thing she will probably want to do is sit and be quiet.

Thanks for all the help!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
lots of great options. i personally would like to be dressed well when proposed to, rather than get ready afterwards. i wouldn''t be able to think straight to do that... and also, i would definitely like to have it on my hand to go to the restaurant. as for afterwards---Midnight cruise-all the way! if it were me, i wouldn''t want to go out on the town. i would want to cuddle with my new fiance- and a midnight cruise would be perfect! the play is like you said- not something i''d like to sit through. i wouldn''t be able to concentrate!

congratulations!!!! and good luck!

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
I say to definitely do it after getting ready, tell her the dinner reservations are an hour earlier than what they are, so you guys have a quiet hour together before dinner.

Good luck!

caligal

Shiny_Rock
Agreed with everyone else! She''ll be WAY too excited to do hair, make-up etc, so do it after you are dressed. And no play- just time to snuggle- so cruise all the way!

boston33

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all your responses. I definitley agree with all of you. No play, and get dressed first! Thanks again!

suntravelgirl

Rough_Rock
Sounds like a great plan Boston33!

I lived in Boston for a few years so I am drooling at the thought of a romantic Boston proposal! Boston is such a romantic city!

I have one thought though....I definitely agree that you should let her get ready for dinner and get all dressed up before you propose. If you do it before, she''s going to be excited and probably totally shocked, so she''s going to want to call all of her family and friends and then it''s going to be kind of a chore for her to get dressed afterwards.

But I also think maybe you should give her the other gift when you go back to the hotel around 3ish. Give her the other gift BEFORE you get ready. That way she''s going to think that''s the only "gift" for the weekend and I think she''ll be thrown off from any idea that you might be proposing. If she''s sort of expecting a proposal she might be sad or dissapointed for a little while, but it will just be for 1 hour or so while she gets ready to go out for the night. Then when she''s done getting ready and you guys are going to head out to dinner, you can tell her you have another gift for her and propose before you leave. That''s just what I think.

Good luck and have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results