shape
carat
color
clarity

time to do appraisal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lladar

Rough_Rock
Hi again. have another question.

how long does it normaly take to do an appraisal? what i am interested in is how long does it take to review the setting and the stone, look for inclusions, check color and all the rest. the write up of that will be later but how long should i expect to be there if i set up an appointment at a local appraiser? or is it normaly something that takes a day or two?

Thanks again
lladar

robyn

Rough_Rock
I found that there was no "normal" when it came to appraisals. Some companies did it on premises. Some sent the pieces out to third parties. I got time estimates from overnight to ten days (although I assume that if you''re in a really big city - which I am not - you can get same day service). I wound up using a local jeweler who does the work himself on premises with overnight service. Robyn

esguy27

Shiny_Rock
The appraisal doesn''t take long to do. I sat with my appraiser and he was done in about an hour. He mailed the finished product about a week later.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2006 4:56:49 PM
Author:lladar
Hi again. have another question.

how long does it normaly take to do an appraisal? what i am interested in is how long does it take to review the setting and the stone, look for inclusions, check color and all the rest. the write up of that will be later but how long should i expect to be there if i set up an appointment at a local appraiser? or is it normaly something that takes a day or two?

Thanks again
lladar

lladar

I''d say it depends on how much you want to know? How accurate do you want it to be.

Is this for a confirmation of purchase quality or that and a valuation?

Will the stone be already set or unset, set after the evaluation is done and then brought back in?

Is it for a replacement policy or a stated value policy, with insurance being the valuation purpose?

Rockdoc

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Gee, Richard I''m not THAT SLOW!

Depends on what the client wants to know.

But on average between examination and writing an extensive report about 4 hours of exam and testing time, and depending on the report 3-4 hours.

But a lot of that is answering questions, educating, and letting the customer see what I see too.

( Plus, I don''t drink much - so I''m a "cheap date" )

Rockdoc

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
1.gif

When I get my diamond appraised I''m coming to you, RockDoc.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results