shape
carat
color
clarity

Time to de-lurk and admit the truth...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
Hello, my name is darkeyesredshoes, and I''m a LIW.

Whew! I feel better already. I''ve been living on PS for the past two-ish months, since my boyfriend gave me the green light to start doing some diamond research. I''m pretty sure I now know more than he ever wanted me to know about diamonds, but it''s all been for the best. Thanks to PS, we ended up going to see diamonds at ERD in New York, picked one out (a .94 cushion cut! whee!) and decided on a platinum setting (check it out here if you''re so inclined) that ERD ordered directly from Scott Kay. Through my whole fact-finding mission, I deluded myself into thinking I wasn''t going to become completely ring- and engagement-obsessed, but it''s finally gotten to that point. The ring is supposed to be delivered NEXT WEEK. My boyfriend insists that I''m going to be waiting forever to get it afterward, but I really, really, really, really, really hope that''s not the case. I know that it''ll take a while, though, because he''s an elaborate gift-giver. Presents are never wrapped and handed to me; instead they either involve a thirty-page book with an original poem about choosing the perfect chaise lounge (this past Christmas) or a scavenger hunt that takes me from the inside of the toaster to a website with a flash-animated cartoon to get to my present (my most recent birthday). I know I''d be disappointed if he proposed to me without all his typical hoopla, but I don''t want to wait to be "officially" engaged! Rgh.

Tirade over. In terms of a proper introduction, we''re from MA but moving soon to NY so I can start earning my MA in Giftedness at Columbia. We met working at the Apple Store (yay nerds!) and we''ve been blissfully inseparable for two years. He''s 31 and I''m 26, and we''ve had just enough relationship experience to know that this is the real thing. I''m intimidated by the thought of moving to NYC and starting grad school full time, but I know he''ll keep me sane.

Anyway, thanks for indulging me. Pleased to meet all of you patient and fabulous LIWs!
36.gif

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome!

It''s great that he wants to make everything special! Just imagine the wonderful elaborate story you can tell everyone (I already want to know more about the ones you mentioned) when you do get engaged... Good luck with grad school and the Apple Stores are awesome!

Stephanie

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Stephanie!

You''re right, the end will definitely be worth the wait. I think the elaborate plans are par for the course since he''s a graphic designer/creative guy. I wouldn''t want him to be any other way. It''s just meant that I''ve really had to up the ante when thinking out my gifts to him. I translated his V-day present into Latin and then into binary code to make him work for it!

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/7/2007 7:11:17 PM
Author: darkeyesredshoes
Thanks, Stephanie!

You''re right, the end will definitely be worth the wait. I think the elaborate plans are par for the course since he''s a graphic designer/creative guy. I wouldn''t want him to be any other way. It''s just meant that I''ve really had to up the ante when thinking out my gifts to him. I translated his V-day present into Latin and then into binary code to make him work for it!
Wow, we are both such nerds. I took almost seven years of Latin and I love to make him go get my dictionaries out to look up messages I leave him on the mirror or what not! The binary code is a great touch - I''ll have to remember that.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
The ring will be beautiful! Congrats on the soon-to-be engagement!

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Anchor! I should probably stop waiting and enjoy where I am.

Stephanie: I only managed four years of Latin before I switched to Spanish, so I''m impressed! The best part about the binary was that he spent about an hour fiddling around with it before he found an online translator. Now I need a new trick up my sleeve for next time...

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVE the setting, your ring is going to be beautiful.

I can''t get over those gift stories--they are great! Can''t wait to hear the proposal story!

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Welcome to PS!
35.gif
Congratulations on the purchase and we can''t wait to hear the proposal story

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dying to see the pics when you get them!! Hopefully you won''t have to wait too long to get it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results