shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany''s Replica - 10K for 1.97 ct?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cynergy

Rough_Rock
Hello All (first post)

I have found an excellent Tiffany''s Legacy replica with the following specs:

Center Diamond
1.51 ct
SI2
F Color
Cushion Cut

Surronding Diamonds
.46 ct total
SI1
F Color
Not sure of the cut - but does it matter, they''re tiny

The setting is platinum and looks very, very similar to the real thing. The sticker was $21K, but after several visits I was given his last offer at "10K" - cash. What do you think? Good deal? The ring is a stunner. I think he''s hurting after a not so fruitful holiday season.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Assuming everything is kosher I''d say that''s an awfully good price!

cynergy

Rough_Rock
It''s from a reputable jeweler, not from a trunk. He''s got all the certs and will do an appraisal. I got until today to get it since it was suppose to be for Christmas....I told my GF that her ''package'' was coming today.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
This jeweler must have been working on a tremendous mark-up if he can come down so much in price. It may be, as you say, need for cash, but I would proceed with caution by bringing it to, or sending it to, one of the very reputable appaisers--not just someone he recommends. If he does not agree to do this with a full money back guarantee if the ring does not appraise well, I would be turned off.
I had a similar experience in the Diamond District. I was quoted $90,000 on a stone. I mae it clear that it was way out of my budget.
After a few calls to his uncle, explaining to him what a nice lady I was and how I deserved this beautiful stone, he came down, in increments, to $30,000 cash.
I left because I did not trust him. He tried to get me to pay $90,000(no chance) for a stone he could part with for $30,000.
You may be on to a good thing. But I would proceed with great caution because anything that seems to be too good to be true probably is.
See what arrangements you can make for a reliable appraisal and money back guarantee and also check his reocrd with the Better Business Bureau and Oncsumer Affairs. I don''t want to seem paranoid but the jeweler who offered me the $90,000 stone for $30,000 was in a very prestigious Fifth Avenue center and had oneof the front booths.
I wish you luck and hope it turns out to be the great deal it seems to be.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there a lab report for the stone?

The price sounds attractive for the description of the thing (assuming the stone is about 7k). But all that shows on this side of the screen are words that may not tell the whole story. I have no reason to believe it isn't a great find. Without seeing the ring and without a lab report for the diamond, it all depends on the seller.

A couple of casting companies make settings similar to the legacy, so these need not be extremely expensive, although the design is quite intricate. Given the price, yours may be such a piece. Handmade would have been more, perhaps...

Compared to a couple of versions found online... you did well
2.gif
(e.g. this and this).

After the fact, what more could be said?

cynergy

Rough_Rock
I saw the EGL report for the diamonds. This store is upscale in an upscale mall. If fact, on Christmas Eve I saw him being interview on the local news chanel. So I trust he isn't selling me glass.

I know one of the sales girl there she tells me it's a tremendous deal that is only happening because he's down like $100K from last year. She won't make any commission on the sale and I'm getting it less than a grand above cost.

So I believe everything is indeed kosher and from a laymen's point-of-view the ring is simply beautiful. I've been shopping for 'legacy' replicas for two weeks now and it is by far the best I've seen.

I think it's a go and I'll post pics tonight/tomorrow.....unless somebody responds in the next hour with a horrible story.

Mike Camp

Rough_Rock
Sounds like a good deal! Post some pictures of it. I always liked the looks of the legacy ring. Tiffany''s prices are just way out of hand

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/27/2005 2:13:13 PM
Author: cynergy

I saw the EGL report for the diamonds.

Cool. I couldn''t know from the first post and there are far worse shopping stories that land here! F-SI2 are both grades just above a price jump (down from colorless F to G and from SI2 to I1), this is why the question about lab reports came up first.

And the part about the shop being in difficulty adds up...

I think it''s a go and I''ll post pics tonight/tomorrow.....unless somebody responds in the next hour with a horrible story.

Hope not
1.gif

cynergy

Rough_Rock
Here''s a pic:

ering2.JPG

Worth 10K? I think it was a steal...but I don''t buy diamonds everyday.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Very lovely!
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s very pretty. I would still get it appraised by someone that''s impartial. Just to be on the safe side.
2.gif
Good luck!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks good to me! Congrats on a great find at a great price. Let us know if ya get it and shower us with PIX!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results