shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany''s offer discount on wedding bands?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
I was browsing Exceldiamonds website and one of the testimonials said that they had bought a SuperbCert Tiffany Setting solitaire from Excel, and it was so real that when they went to their local Tiffany''s, the sales clerk offered discount on wedding bands, and free engraving. Does Tiffany''s do that? anyone else had that experienc? thanks

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/20/2007 2:35:34 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
Is this spam?

Hi Garry no it''s not spam. I just read it on their website. http://www.exceldiamonds.com/-Engagement-Rings-5/Diamond-Solitaire-Engagement-Rings-11/Classic-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-640.html

(not sure if i can post this I will delete if it''s not allowed)

March 8, 2006

Barry -

First, I want to thank you again for working with me on such an excellent productas the Superbcert Tiffany 6 Prong engagement ring.My fiancee continually receives complements on her beautiful ring.In fact, we were in Tiffany & Co. in Cincinnati, OH a few months agoand like others have said the sales clerk offered us a discount on wedding bands, free cleaning,free engraving, etc. because she thought the ring was from there. It was quite a nice surprise.

Justin

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think Tiffanys give a discount on anything!

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
i hope not because i paid full price on everything and i will be pissed if this person was offered all that stuff w/ a replica ring!

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldnt be holding my breath that the testimonial is true.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/20/2007 3:06:29 AM
Author: Kissmark

Date: 11/20/2007 2:35:34 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
Is this spam?

Hi Garry no it''s not spam. I just read it on their website.

March 8, 2006

Barry -

First, I want to thank you again for working with me on such an excellent productas the Superbcert Tiffany 6 Prong engagement ring.My fiancee continually receives complements on her beautiful ring.In fact, we were in Tiffany & Co. in Cincinnati, OH a few months agoand like others have said the sales clerk offered us a discount on wedding bands, free cleaning,free engraving, etc. because she thought the ring was from there. It was quite a nice surprise.

Justin

Sorry Justin, my post read like you were spamming - I think it is just Barry being Barry.

They do a lot of creative word usage to ensure they are high on google rankings.
For example search for

garry holloway patent

Now they have no great liking for me, so why do they write nice things about me?

It''s all about traffic

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2007 4:03:51 AM
i hope not because i paid full price on everything and i will be pissed if this person was offered all that stuff w/ a replica ring!

Well as soon as they handed in their replica ring for cleaning I''m sure the sales assistant would notice that it wasn''t stamped on the inside. When we were talking to our sales assistant, we asked did they ever do discounts and she advised us that unless we were spending a couple of million (we weren''t
3.gif
) then we didn''t have a hope in hell of getting one. Ah well it was worth a try!

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/20/2007 6:54:21 AM
Author: bee*

Well as soon as they handed in their replica ring for cleaning I''m sure the sales assistant would notice that it wasn''t stamped on the inside. When we were talking to our sales assistant, we asked did they ever do discounts and she advised us that unless we were spending a couple of million (we weren''t
3.gif
) then we didn''t have a hope in hell of getting one. Ah well it was worth a try!
There must be a way!!!!
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
the only time i was offered a discount was during Boston''s Tax-Free weekend. i was looking at eternity bands that cost more than $2500, which is apparently the limit for tax-free purchases. that is, if you bought a $5000 ring, $2500 of it would be taxed. my Tiffany sales associate leaned over and whispered that he might be able to work something out so i wouldn''t have to pay any tax. if i had bought the ring, i would have saved only about $200.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2007 7:08:06 AM
Author: Sharon101
Date: 11/20/2007 6:54:21 AM

Author: bee*

3.gif

There must be a way!!!!
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif

Yeah it would have been good! Ah well, by buying it in the US, we saved €6000. We got our valuation in sterling and it was so much more.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results