shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany''s has made me so angry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Damn. There is no chance you could get either of us to spend that much on dinner. The most we''ve spent ever on a meal was 120 bucks, including tip. Nothing I eat costs all that much. :)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha it was our most expensive meal ever...it was NYE and it was a last minute ressie at a popular french restaurant by our hotel concierge..it was prixe fixe but that is not what really added the cost, what added it was the wine and cheese pairing for each course that Greg added for something like $250. So it would have been a $450 meal otherwise.
9.gif

the funniest part is that i discovered during that meal that i really dislike real frenchie food, aka on the menu was sweetbread (ew!); pate (ew!); quail (okay)...the only thing i personally liked was the dessert which was some amazing dark chocolate thing. i normally love different types of food but that was just not my style. But greg absolutely loved it and when the bill came he was raving about how it was so worth it. all i could think of 'wow meal was the diamond bracelet i wanted at macys!'...
20.gif

anyway it's not something we have ever done again, but we like to joke around about it! and he STILL raves about the food, especially the stinky yummy cheeses he got!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAHAHA! Next time he wants to go for expensive stinky cheese and paté tell him about a bracelet you had your eye on.

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
Well, whether or not you decide to keep the Tiffany''s ring, I think you should order a bunch of catalogs. But, not just jewelry catalogs - crystal and silver ones too. That will confuse her a bit.

Good luck!

britboy

Rough_Rock
Well I have to say that I think Tiffany''s has stood by their reputation!

I know feel a whole lot better and I must say that posting on this web-site has been a tremendous help. (Although it is interesting to see how diverse people''s opinions can be!)

I talked to Tiffany''s (and sent them an email) explaining that while I feel the offer of the dinner goes someway to compensate me financially, it does not address the ruined surprise for my wife - which I feel is the heart of the matter. I then suggested to them the idea (as advocated by many of you) of presenting a decoy gift at the beginning of the meal. The really liked the idea and understood where I was coming from. So I went in and to the store yesterday and the sales person who helped me pick out the ring, helped me to pick out the decoy. Well, I thought she had a brillian idea, as I was initially thinking along the lines of a braceletor ear rings, but she suggested a silver pendant with a diamond in it. As this way my wife would still be getting a diamond even though it wasn''t a ring. I choose a little star fish with a small diamond in the centre (designed by elsa perrita (sp?)). It looks very tasteful and elegent - which I think is befiting an aniversary gift. Also she showed me the box it comes in and it is quite different than the e-ring box. So as soon as I pull out the box during the appertiser she will know it''s not a ring.

I have to say I am really excited again about giving her this surprise next friday. This has also really restored my faith in Tiffany''s and I feel they have done the right thing. They made a mistake that caused me a lot of anger - but when telling them about this from that moment on they treated me with respect, didn''t try and pass the buck and where sympathetic to my situation. I now feel very pleased to have gone through Tiffany''s for the e-ring and appreciate they way and manner in which I was treated.

As for the ring...as one poster suggested I''m going to leave you all in suspense
31.gif
until after friday 5th.

I''ll also post a separate thread to let you know how the evening turns out.

Thanks everyone!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! I am pleased that Tiffanys has helped you to your statisfaction! Let us know how your wife likes the necklace(it is lovely) and if she cries when you give her the ring.

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
I may even suggest that you give her the decoy gift the morning of your anniversary...that way she''ll expect nothing at the restaurant...that way 1/2 the pressure will be gone and you can proceed with your original plan.

klr
30.gif
prongs

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds very nice....sounds like you handled things very well, Congrats!!!!

Can''t wait to hear about how the rest unfolds...........

35.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh how exciting. I''m so glad Tiffany''s worked it out for you. You wife is going to be blown away. Happy anniversary and please come back to post pics next weekend
1.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m glad everything worked out.
2.gif
i''ll be looking forward to hearing the rest of the story next week!
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
so glad tiffany''s took care of the situation the right way for you! it''s going to be a wonderful suprise.. can''t wait to hear about how it goes
36.gif

bscpu1972

Rough_Rock
Getting catalogues from everyone else is funny. Don''t forget the "gumball machine" merlite catalogue.

My sister suggested using a relatives address for mailing purposes. I forgot that she used my po box when she bought her husband a watch (which she got through the store''s charge account).

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I am so glad that you are feeling good about this and they worked out a solution for you. I can''t wait to hear all about it. I wish you and your wife a very happy anniversary!!!!!
1.gif

bscpu1972

Rough_Rock
"Dinner on Tiffany''s" new title of this thread.

I got confused. Are they still paying for dinner or is it just the added gift?

BTW: When this is all done I really think your wife should read this thread. If she knew how much work went into this... and how gracefully her man handled it all... it''s a story your great-grandchildren could tell when they pass on the heirloom ring and necklace.

Lucky gal I say!

PS This thread has so much emotion - anger, anticipation, love, laughter (some posts were really funny).

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad it''s worked out for you.

Happy Anniversary!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so glad everything worked out for you.
36.gif
I can''t wait to hear the details to the anniversary night. Remember to post a lot of pics. Happy anniversary!!!!

golden_eyes

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/29/2005 3:17:07 PM
Author: heart prongs
I may even suggest that you give her the decoy gift the morning of your anniversary...that way she''ll expect nothing at the restaurant...that way 1/2 the pressure will be gone and you can proceed with your original plan.

klr
30.gif
prongs
Britboy - I''m so glad you were able to pick out such a lovely pendant. I just wanted to add to Heart Prongs'' good idea for how to present the pendant to your wife...

On the morning of your anniversary, bring her breakfast in bed on a tray - think a little vase with a flower in it, breakfast, a glass of champagne, and the Tiffany pendant box. She will be thrilled and it will be like Breakfast at Tiffany''s at home
2.gif
Then that will take the pressure off the rest of the day, and it will be a huge surprise when you present her with the ring at/after dinner.

All will be well
1.gif
Best of luck and don''t forget to come back and post pictures
1.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if I can wait until next Friday to hear how it turns out! OK, if you can, then I can too.
face1.gif

I''m pleased to hear that Tiffany''s responded appropriately to your concern. I hope they consider revamping their method of communicating via mailings. It''s not as though people have never heard of Tiffany''s and need to be reminded to go there by getting something in the mail! Plus, you would think a lot of their sales would be surprises. Can you imagine somebody who had no idea that her significant other was planning to propose seeing the mailing? That would totally ruin it! Come on Tiffany''s, show a little common sense!

Have fun next Friday and please, post details and pictures of the necklace and ring!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been following your thread, glad everything seems to have worked out!
36.gif

We will all be waiting for your update!!
31.gif

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
that''s perfect golden eyes...breakfast at tiffany''s, dinner on tiffany''s -- love it!

klr
30.gif
prongs

EZ

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/29/2005 3:05:31 PM
Author: britboy
... As for the ring...as one poster suggested I''m going to leave you all in suspense
31.gif
until after friday 5th.

I''ll also post a separate thread to let you know how the evening turns out.

How did everything go? Where are the pictures?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yea we need photos!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh yes, we would love to hear how it all turned out, and see pics of course
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results