shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany''s Cushion?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
My BF and I went browsing in Tiffany''s over the weekend. We fell in love with a particlular cut that they have just patented. Tiffany''s called it a cushion-cut. However, it seemed to have Asscher qualities. The stone was part of their Legacy Collection. It was set within a halo. So far they haven''t offered this particular cut as a solitaire in it''s own right.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a knock-off (I know it''s horrible) of this special cut-or, if anyone has any info or insight. It didn''t look like a regular cushion, instead a cushion-asscher combo. I have attached a pic.

Thanks so much!

2ringsLegacy.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That is a stunning ring! I can see why you would love that stone...pretty!
30.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Hi jcrow,

Yep, it''s a lovely cut. It''s what they call a step-cut cushion.

It has some similarities to a "criss-cut" from Christopher designs, but not the same. (I prefer the T&CO version.) They SHOULD make a solitaire of it--that''d be very pretty!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Thanks. i put in an special order question to see if they could indeed set that by itself.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
how come i have to fall in love with something so expensive...

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think Tiffany started marketing the same cut as this patented cushion in colored precious and semi-precious gems.

I would imagine in would be a less expensive version of the Diamond one.

As far as knocking of the diamond, you could if you found a cutter who knows how, and has the right angle and faceting arrangement info. But I seriously doubt it, I know it is a hard shape to cut!!!!

It is NOT the Criss-cut!!!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i know, but it''s so darn pretty!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They have a pink sapphire and an aquamarine cut that way and in that setting in the downtown Philadelphia store--it really brought the aquamarine to life! I would love to see how an emerald would look with that cut.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh wow. i bet those would be really pretty!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Can anybody post the pictures of the Legacy with Pink Saphire/ Blue Aquamarine??

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Or how much Tiffany is asking for them compared to the Legacy in the pantented diamond that they have exclusivity too??

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, these are not exactly like the Criss Cushion but rather close. The bad part is that the other brand''s markup is no less than Tiffany''s...

I can''t say I have not seen anything alike unbranded, but that does not help because the examples were both colored and very few.
7.gif

One could probably turn out something similar in a colored stone. Would that work for you?

Custom cuting diamonds is allot less available.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/16/2005 1:15:10 PM
Author: Madam Bijoux
They have a pink sapphire and an aquamarine cut that way and in that setting in the downtown Philadelphia store--it really brought the aquamarine to life! I would love to see how an emerald would look with that cut.
oooh I may have to check those out. The cut looks pretty! But I don''t think I would pay for a Tiff''s diamond just to have one, personally.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Valeria,

Its not close to the criss..., Itt a totaly different faceting arrangements, and different angles...

Yes, you are right, you might find some similar colored stones in this type of faceting.

And again you are right, I dont suppose some cutter will take the risk of cutting one of those exclusive legacy diamonds that at the moment only Tiffany is marketing.

The Legacy patented cushion cut diamond is being marketed only by Tiffany and Co. at this time, but who knows, it might be available in the future....

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/17/2005 7:46:43 AM
Author: DiaGem

Its not close to the criss..., Itt a totaly different faceting arrangements, and different angles...
True enough. For some reason they seem substitutable in small sizes, it must help the fact that bots are rather unusual kinds of cushion with relatively large facets that do not look like the usual modified brilliants all that much. But that''s not a strong reason to call them ''close''.
38.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yeh- to bad it''s not now.

mauric6943

Rough_Rock
Is this pretty similar

http://www.jamesallen.com/meno_collection_by_danhov.asp?module=setting&cid=301&item=702&name=7014

j_allen2x.gif

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, I just noticed that one of the cushions in the Firenze gallery has a similar look...

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
hum- interesting.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a sloppy comparison of the one from Firenze witht the Crisscut cusion and the Legacy cushion. The one in the firenze ring looks more like the Crisscut, IMO.

cushioncomparison3.jpg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
On another note...I also love the Legacy cushion, but I have noticed that it looks really shallow. I''d love to see some actual specs on one of them, as well as some LightScope and BriallianceScope pictures/results.

JCrow: Has Tiffany gotten back to you about your special request?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
they haven''t contacted us yet.. he said that he didn''t see why it couldn''t be done.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yes definitely a big difference btw the cuts.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results