shape
carat
color
clarity

tiffany

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
This may be a stupid question but is there any way I can save pics of the jewelry on the tiffany site? I''ve only visited the Canadian one. I want to save the pics to show to other people and for myself to dream about (without having to constantly search the site). Anyone who could help...thanks in advance.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you on a Mac or PC?

If you're on a PC, pushing the print screen button (shown below) will save an image of whatever is currently displayed on your monitor.

041006keyboard350.jpg

If you're on a Mac, push and hold
applebutton.jpg
+ SHIFT + 4. This will turn your mouse pointer into crosshairs, and you can click hold and drag over whatever image you want to capture.

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
I push the right pad under on my mouse and choose copy or save image to my computer.

You have to name it and there you go!

Sometimes they truncate the images when you try to copy so you can''t copy the whole pic.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Unfortunatley you cannot right click and save on Tiffany''s site so I use a snag-it tool and crop the pic and then save it. However, you could always just save the webpage in your Internet favorites.
Any particular item you need a picture of? I would be more than happy to "snag" it for you and post it!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2008 3:28:39 AM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1
I push the right pad under on my mouse and choose copy or save image to my computer.

Sometimes they truncate the images when you try to copy so you can''t copy the whole pic.
This is the obvious solution, yes, but won''t work on the Tiffany website because it''s all flash.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the offer Angel but I like too many things for you to post them all for me. Like I said I just would like to save them to dream about and show others. Does anyone out there know how to save the images with flash?

thanks

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
oddoneout, I believe musey provided the answer in the first reply post? That''s the method I use.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2008 7:32:33 PM
Author: onvacation
oddoneout, I believe musey provided the answer in the first reply post? That''s the method I use.
That''s what I thought. I figured the visual aids would seal it. Guess not...
20.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I got confused over people saying that the posted methods didn't work (even though the one posted method works). Thanks I'll try it.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/3/2008 7:51:11 PM
Author: musey

20.gif
FYI - It doesn''t work for everyone, for example..mine won''t let me...
8.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 12:09:49 PM
Author: Angel7
Date: 3/3/2008 7:51:11 PM

20.gif
8.gif
That''s very strange... what kind of computer are you using? And how old is it?

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/3/2008 5:02:24 PM

Date: 3/3/2008 3:28:39 AM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1

This is the obvious solution, yes, but won''t work on the Tiffany website because it''s all flash.

I don''t know about flash issues but the actual images of the ring in the bottom selection are can be copied.

here I''ll try it. Again its truncated.

Tiffany7 prong.jpg

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 12:17:39 PM

FYI - It doesn't work for everyone, for example..mine won't let me...
8.gif
That's very strange... what kind of computer are you using? And how old is it?
It's a Dell laptop and it's about a year old. Not sure if you have to configure the computer to actually use the print screen function? It's doesn't save images nor does it print the screen I'm looking at so it's pretty much useless to me at the moment!
3.gif

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
You can get on google and download PrintKey2000 which will enable that feature as well.

heather318

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 12:36:41 PM
Date: 3/4/2008 12:17:39 PM

8.gif

That''s very strange... what kind of computer are you using? And how old is it?

It''s a Dell laptop and it''s about a year old. Not sure if you have to configure the computer to actually use the print screen function? It''s doesn''t save images nor does it print the screen I''m looking at so it''s pretty much useless to me at the moment!
3.gif

Print screen doesn''t actually "print" the page its on and doesn''t just save it to your desktop. You need to open another program such as paint or photoshop and click on ''paste'', then it appears and you just have to crop it after that.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I tried copying it to paint using the prt scr button (didn''t work) and copying the bottom of the page image (but yes it is messed up). Any other suggestions?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 2:38:36 PM
Author: oddoneout
I tried copying it to paint using the prt scr button (didn''t work) and copying the bottom of the page image (but yes it is messed up). Any other suggestions?
I would suggest trying on a computer tech support forum for your particular computer brand and/or operating system, rather than a jewelry forum. You''ll probably find more help specific to your situation there.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 2:14:58 PM
Author: heather318

Print screen doesn''t actually ''print'' the page its on and doesn''t just save it to your desktop. You need to open another program such as paint or photoshop and click on ''paste'', then it appears and you just have to crop it after that.
Wow! Am I the worlds biggest moron or WHAT?
33.gif
38.gif

Works now, thanks Heather!

Amazing what you learn just by posting to someone elses thread!
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 2:46:40 PM
Date: 3/4/2008 2:38:36 PM

Author: oddoneout

I would suggest trying on a computer tech support forum for your particular computer brand and/or operating system, rather than a jewelry forum. You''ll probably find more help specific to your situation there.

ditto...gotta say, after this thread, I really LOVE my mac
9.gif
2.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
MrsS, me TOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/29/2008 8:48:34 PM
Author:oddoneout
This may be a stupid question but is there any way I can save pics of the jewelry on the tiffany site? I've only visited the Canadian one. I want to save the pics to show to other people and for myself to dream about (without having to constantly search the site). Anyone who could help...thanks in advance.

You know how crazy I am? I did a print screen on all their engagement rings with the info and placed the image files on paper by style (Tiff Ledgends, Styles etc), printed them out front to back. I have like 8 pages haha! (only because Im in love with the Novo, and wanted to show my boyfriend all the other rings they have) Never fully got to show him yet. All that hard work for nothin........
32.gif

Well, my quote below says it all.......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results