shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mblgjr

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I am shopping for an engagement ring and I really can''t find what I want.

I really like the original Tiffany setting, however, it is my understanding that I cannot purchase the setting alone. I would like to find a setting very similar to it in platinum.

I''m attempting to have a platinum setting and stone of ~1ct. for ~$3k. I know that is minor compared to many of the gorgeous jewels on here but its what I can do for now.

Other than the basic cut, color and clarity, I''m lost on how to know if I''m getting a good stone.

Any pointers or direction to look in will be greatly appreciated.

My apologies if I''ve posted in the wrong forum section.

Thank you,
MG.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~You would have better luck if you posted this in Rocky Talky or Show Me the Ring...

mblgjr

Rough_Rock
Thank you both for the replies.

I would like to find a bit better stone than the one above. Maybe I''m asking too much for the price range I''m looking in.

I truly appreciate the help, keep the links coming.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bit better how? like better weight? better cut? (because the first two are great stones, and the third one needs some more information to be sure) or better color and clarity?

the whiteflash is an I VS1, and even Tiffany carries I color.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No way can you get a good platinum Tiffany repro and good quality 1 ct. stone for $3000. The setting alone will be about $1000-1200 (add another $100+ for the setting fee and shipping if you don''t buy the stone from them) which leaves you about $2000 which will buy you an ideal cut .75 ct. or so I color stone. I am looking for around .75 for earring stones in H and they are running $2500-3000.

I''d go for the .84 I VS1 stone from WF, if I were you. It''ll look close to 1 ct. but be close to your price target.

mblgjr

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for all the help.
35.gif

I''ve upped my budget a bit to around 5k or so. I''ve found several items locally that I actually like better than a Tiffany repro setting.

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
Im not sure if this helps but mine is from whiteflash and is a tiffany repro and its an awesome ring with a great cut and a good price $4,600 appraised at 7,890
its not 1 carat but its .81 which im sure you can find something simalar for a one carat.
heres the specs.

Shape: A Cut Above H&A
Carat: 0.801
Color: I
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 60.5
Table: 55.4
Crown Angle: 34.9
Crown 015.6
Pavilion Angle: 40.7
Pavilion 042.9
Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 6.01-6.06X3.66
toatal carat weight 1.04
Ring:
WF "Tiffany" Style Bead Set Solitaire with a cut above diamonds.

leiaring.jpg

DSCN2266.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results