shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Setting Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

atoth22

Rough_Rock
I just purchased a Tiffany setting round solitaire. I was showing it
to a friend, and she noticed that the cutlet of the diamond does not
touch the bottom of the setting. There is a space between the cutlet
and the metal. She didn''t think this was normal. Was she correct? Do I need to have it
reset? Thank you for your advice.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I think it depends on how you have the diamond set. I think the real Tiffany rings have the stone set pretty low so that you can''t see the culet. But others are set medium or high. My ering has the same crown head that the Tiffany ring has, but I had my stone set a little higher so I can see the culet. Just depends on your preference.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
For safety reasons, the culet should not be touching the metal. How much of a space there is between the culet and bottom of the setting is a matter of personal preference, but the culet should never be touching any metal.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s a GOOD thing that the culet is not touching the metal. One big WHACK - if there was a shift, wouldn''t you want some leeway for that culet NOT to contact metal? I sure would!!! When I had a 6 prong Tiff-replica setting (and I had it both in the high and low positions at two different times) I don''t think the culet was in contact with the setting, as far as I could see.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Like everyone has said, you definitely don''t want the culet to be touching the metal. However, if you are unhappy with how high the stone is in the setting, I would ask your jeweler if it could be lower a bit. It''s a matter of personal preference.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
here''s a side view

engagement_tiffany_ring2.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She just doesn''t know a thing about settings! People have the funniest ideas sometime!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results