shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany replica jewelry, worth it? Bridesmaids gifts, help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

michelle08

Rough_Rock
Hi everybody!

Okay so I''m frantically looking for bridesmaids gifts :-/ my wedding is in less than 3 wks. (i thought I would be able to afford real tiffany''s because all of the girls just love T& CO (but its just not going to work) running out of money lol

So here we go, my girlfriend just bought this ring:Tiffany Wave Ring from "her new favorite site". I saw it today at lunch, I love it. I just ordered one for myself but I was wondering if I could get some opinions as to weather or not it would be cheeszy to buy some Tiffany Replicas from this site. Let me know what you all think. The more opinions the better. And what pieces do you think would be best? My weddings on the beach in San Diego :) I really like all of the Tiffany Starfish

Thanks if advance! All opinions would be greatly appreciated!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Michelle the only issue I have is with that co. I emailed them for info a while ago about a ring and got a call back.

They had used a stock T&Co. image for one of their replicas and I wanted to see what their copy looked like.

They said they would email me a pic. and they didn''t.

I think it is a lovely gesture not to mention a cheaper one!

I like the starfish/sea theme idea too.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I wouldn''t. I don''t mind the occasional "designer impostor" for myself, but I wouldn''t give one as a gift without knowing other people''s specific feelings about the concept ....

michelle08

Rough_Rock
hmmm.... thx. Lisa.

I can''t tell if the items are stock photos from Tiffany''s or not. I am going to send them an email now thought and find out :) or at least see what they have to say. I am kind of excited, I''ve never seen a site with such nice stuff, I know they are real because of my girlfriends ring, I just hope everything is just as nice (quality wise) ...

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2008 8:52:11 PM
Author: Circe
I wouldn''t. I don''t mind the occasional ''designer impostor'' for myself, but I wouldn''t give one as a gift without knowing other people''s specific feelings about the concept ....

ditto.

allikatac

Shiny_Rock
Hi Michelle!

I also don''t think it is a good idea to buy the replica unless you know that all of the girls are comfortable with it. I also wanted to buy Tiffany''s necklaces for my bridesmaids, but decided it was too much money to spend at the last minute with all of the other costs. I ended up purchasing sterling silver heart necklaces for blue nile. I really liked that they were different and not the typical tiffany design and the bridesmaids loved them. My sister wears hers everyday. They come in nice gift boxes and so far they are holding up really well!

Good luck
1.gif

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Personally, I would never wear a replica piece of jewelry, or carry a replica bag, or anything like that. Not because I'm a snob who has all the real stuff (trust me, I don't!!), but because I respect the integrity of the original design and workmanship too much. Supporting a company that rips that off just wouldn't feel right to me. I would MUCH rather wear a cheaper "no-name" silver necklace that is unique, than a Tiffany knock-off.

If you don't have the cash for real Tiffany pieces (which is very understandable!), why not just get gift certificates for Tiffany in whatever amount you can afford? They do lovely gold "coins" in lieu of gift cards that are packaged beautifully. Even if it's $50 and not the original $100+ you were thinking, I'm sure your bridesmaids would appreciate putting that $50 toward something they love.

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Michelle

ETA: if u give the silver copies make sure they are OK w/ non-Tiff''s. Personally I don''t have issue w/ knock offs per se.
I guess I would want my friends to know they weren''t "real."

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2008 6:36:30 AM
Author: bee*
Date: 6/17/2008 8:52:11 PM

Author: Circe

I wouldn''t. I don''t mind the occasional ''designer impostor'' for myself, but I wouldn''t give one as a gift without knowing other people''s specific feelings about the concept ....

ditto.
I agree. Maybe get them all something else that you could afford that isn''t a knock-off of something else.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I would get them something from BlueNile. I have ordered several silver things from there and all have been great (except one that came with broken clasp, but the return was easy).

That way it''s not a fake anything - it''s a nice silver piece on its own. Many of the BN styles are similar to T & Co but I''m sure they are different enough not to violate copyright since it''s a big, very legit company.

Re: the website you posted, I would not want to give my payment info to a website that posts Tiff images as their own.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I ditto the gift certificate to Tiffany. What a nice bride you are!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d go for something like BN. A similar design would be fine, but I wouldn''t want to give something that is purposely a tiffany copy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results