shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany raised prices

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I was trolling the Tiffany website - a luxury that is free and fun - and noticed that the prices on some things are suddenly higher. A sterling silver necklace that I bought in December for $150 is now $175. A pair of earrings that I admired were $10.5K last month and are now 11K. The little sterling bead earrings went from $80 to $90. Pre V Day price increases?!

What I notice is that the stock market is diving and people are losing money. Starbucks is going to test out a $1.00 cup of coffee. And here we are looking at still higher prices from Tiffany. Remarkable.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I have always thought that the prices for their SS pieces were high, so it doesn''t suprise me...I would love to have some T & C jewels...but cant afford it.

I am sure everything else will eventually follow suit. Pretty soon everyone will be so far in debt that no one will be able to afford anything!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
We bought our wedding rings two days ago there and the lady told me they went up the day before on almost everything EXCLUDING wedding bands, and solitaires under 3cts. Not sure how accurate that is, but thats what I was told. Man, they just keep going up
39.gif

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I ran into that at a local store, too. They said that gold and silver prices had gone up and they had to raise prices to compensate.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
It is so strange. Yesterday Blue Nile sent me a 10% off promo on all their stuff, including settings, but excluding loose stones.

Exact opposite strategy of Tiffany. One of them has it right.....

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2008 3:37:24 PM
Author: EricaR
I ran into that at a local store, too. They said that gold and silver prices had gone up and they had to raise prices to compensate.

I had read about that also.

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
interesting strategy considering sales fell 2% at stores last year according to this nytimes
article

the 4% growth that they experienced in the last few months of the year has been traced to foreign consumers enjoying the weak dollar.

if i had a teenage daughter who wanted a silver bracelet from T&Co, i probably would think twice about buying it for her. i can''t even remember how much my mom spent on my bracelet 10 years ago, but i''m pretty sure it was much less than $190.

i can''t wait for the inflation to really kick into gear! good times....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results