shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Novo setting.. e-ring and w-ring not flush together?

Anonymous6

Shiny_Rock
I came across some threads just searching, and I'm not sure how my girlfriend will like the gap in between the band and the engagement ring... it's quite noticeable.

I know the BGD Novela setting has this donut underneath that gets in the way... which is what creates the gap to where the band can't really touch or close the gap a little bit...

I'll have to swing this past the FF first... but wondering if anyone knows of or has had similar experiences? I know we can go a little custom here... but that's going to delay the process that I had originally had in mind.

Here's the thread I was talking about with images showing the band and e-ring together with the gap.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-remade-wedding-band.151617/

photo(4).jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Tiffany Novo setting.. e-ring and w-ring not flush toget

Could you pick a pave shank setting with a higher set diamond? My RB is on a shared prong setting- it sits clush with a wedding band as there is nothing "extra" arounnd the bottom area of the setting.

Anonymous6

Shiny_Rock

what I'm wondering is if I can talk with BG and see if he can do something about that little circle donut piece right below the diamond on the setting that looks like it's creating that gap.... maybe remove it all together, raise it, or anything? That way it'd sit more flush with the band....

but don't know how much more $ this would cost to go custom in a way

slg47

Ideal_Rock

if you look at the actual Tiffany Novo it also has this donut. I personally am not a fan of that setting and I like the fishtail pave much better (but that is my personal preference). Why don't you call them? I think you can make small changes to the settings without too much added expense (or any?) since they make them there anyway...

Anonymous6

Shiny_Rock

In the process of getting in touch with them now.

I think with the Novo, what I like are the way the sidestones look. It's not as rounded off as the fishtail paves I think? But this is truly personal taste as noted.

I just know BGD had a novela setting already there... but now that we're going custom, I don't know if they can just work on that current setting or does it have to be from scratch.

For what it's worth, here's an image of the Novo replica with band that sits more flush (they must've done some custom work here cuz this is as flush together ive ever seen a novo replica). I found this on someones blog.

novo%20replica1.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock

yeah I would call BGD, I think they should be able to customize it a little bit to do the pave like on the Novela setting and the head slightly differently?

Anonymous6

Shiny_Rock

Hoping it's not too much of a denter of the wallet to go custom...

slg47

Ideal_Rock

I don't think so, I had BGD custom make my setting but it was similar to one of the settings they already carry, and it was the same price

Anonymous6

Shiny_Rock

Just wondering, but by doing it custom, how much time did that add on to the process compared to if you just used one he already had on hand?

Or were you going custom from the get-go in which case you wouldn't know huh?

slg47

Ideal_Rock

my understanding is that they do not have them already on hand and they make each setting when it is ordered. I think it took around 2 weeks after I had finalized the CADs? But I don't really remember since I let FI take care of it at that point and I didn't get the ring until like a month later :)

Anonymous6

Shiny_Rock

Gotcha gotcha... yeah my situation is kind of different, so I'm wondering how the process will be (they're closed today so can't get a hold until tomorrow)

The had a Novela setting already in-house luckily... and it would've been pretty instant to get thing done.

But now with raising the head/removing that donut shape hole underneath, I'm wondering if they'll work on the EXISTING novela setting already there or will they have to start from scratch?

slg47

Ideal_Rock

I'm not sure...it may be easier to start from scratch? but check with them, I really have no idea.

Anonymous6

Shiny_Rock

UPDATE:

the FF and I went to Tiffany today and she tried on the Novo and matching band and absolutely LOVED the gap.... she's a weirdo, I know.

She said in the pictures online the gap looked so dramatic but in person, it really does look good and likes the fact that it looks like you're wearing 2 rings and almost looks like a split pave setting if you will.

So, that was great news!

I wonder how much bigger the novela gap from BGD will be? The one in the image I posted above looks pretty significant.... but that may be because she didn't push them very close together in the pic? Either way, I'm a bit less stressed now.

AdanaEsq

Shiny_Rock

Not such a weirdo. I've heard other women say they like the gap before too. Sometimes it doesn't look as dramatic as it does in pictures.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

AdanaEsq|1292126372|2794626 said:
Not such a weirdo. I've heard other women say they like the gap before too. Sometimes it doesn't look as dramatic as it does in pictures.

Count me in as someone who likes their gap. Makes me feel like there are two rings there instead of one. I'm glad to read that your girlfriend like's the gap so you don't have to worry about it.

bass

Rough_Rock

hi there
i am just wondering if you wouldnt mind posting a picture of the two rings?
I recently got engaged and would love to see what the two rings look like...
thanks in advance

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Clairitek|1292133971|2794683 said:

Count me in as someone who likes their gap. Makes me feel like there are two rings there instead of one. I'm glad to read that your girlfriend like's the gap so you don't have to worry about it.

Ditto! I prefer a little gap, also!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1306038604|2927596 said:
Clairitek|1292133971|2794683 said:

Ditto! I prefer a little gap, also!!!

Um. Me too. It's sexy ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results