shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Lucida vs Dream diamond from hearts on fire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Trevi

Rough_Rock
Hi everybody,
Thanks to pricescope, I am now learning lots. I am tossing up between two rings to get for my girlfriend. Currently considering a Tiffany Lucida 1 carat E color IF clarity or getting a dream diamond 1 carat D color VVS1. Both are about the same price. Apparently in Australia, it is impossible to get discount on HOF diamonds. Is that true? With tiffany, I do have the ability to negotiate on the price though.*heh heh* Please let me know your thoughts. (i know I am going to pay an extra premium for either brands, and yes I have considered getting non-branded diamonds, but I have decided to go for brands. So please go easy on me.... *girn* )
I have not seen the tiffany lucida yet but I am certainly impressed with the dream diamond''s cut and the symmetry of arrows. Can anyone please comment on the like leakage on both diamonds please? (with ideal scope?) I am prepared to buy the lucida without looking at it because I trust tiffany. :) Also, if you have seen both diamonds, could you please comment on their fire / brilliance. Are they comparable? Thanks
Regards,
Peetree

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are other banded square cuts that may just get you the look and the discount.

Lucida is miles apart from Dream in looks - it is not a bright cut, but supposed to come with other sort of beauty but brilliance.

Hof''s are meant and cut with brilliance in mind (and a very different facet pattern).

Around 1 ct, the subtleties of cut design (IMO) are not as obvious, but brilliance is.

Well, and price is very obvious.

Also, unless the high grades have a symbolic meaning to you, there is allot of room to go before there is any visual difference given the size range.

My 0.2

Trevi

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
I am currently looking at a lucida E color IF clarity of the following proportions:
Table Percentage 59%
Total Depth Percentage 72%
Girdle- Slightly thick
Fluorescence- none
Culet- Very small
Table dimensions in millimeters+ 5.60mm x 5.64mm
Polish- Very Good
Symmetry- Good
Precision of Cut- Excellent

As I am unable to see the diamond at the moment, I need to decide which way to go is better. Is the above dimensions within the expected dimensions of a lucida or is it cut poorly?
All input would be a great asset to my choice! please help.
Cheers

picky

Rough_Rock
I''m just learning too, but I''ve gotten the impression that the larger the depth %, the smaller the stone will spead.

My main question would be, why pay for an "IF", when you can go down to a "VS1 or VS2" and no one on earth would ever know? To me, and it seems to a lot of people, clarity is the last thing to worry about. Troubling oneself to find and pay for a "IF" diamond seems beyond pointless. IMHO. My current stone is a SI1, and I see NOTHING in it. Not even with a loupe.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results