shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany & Co. dilemma: need help selecting 2 stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janf

Rough_Rock
Hi guys,

Wanted to get some expert opinions on two stones:

1. 2.02 D VS1 round diamond- $57,000
2. 2.04 F VS1 round diamond- $$47,800

Which one would you pick? :)

Thank you!

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
The second. The only way you''d EVER see a difference between a D and an F is side-by-side, and I really doubt people will be holding D color stones up to your ring!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Janf and welcome
35.gif

There isn''t enough info the the choices for me to give you my opinion. The majority of folks around here like to know cut info, crown and pavillion angles etc. to be able to determine how well it''s going to sparkle or if it''s going to be a dud. Is there something specific you want to know about the 2 you posted? Have you seen them? your eyes will be the best judge, which one speaks to you?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neither.

Learn more and shop more.

After that if you STILL want to buy from Tiffany and still are going to chose between those two stones, I''d say get the D.
If you are going to value this type of stone from this type of store just go all the way.
Get the D.

Then again if I had the budget for a Tiffany 2 ct D I wouldn''t be considering a VS1.
Tiffany must have an E or F VVS2 or VVS1, even if you had to be flexible on the size a bit.
I love the low-color, high clarity stones too.

LuvThatBling

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It''s hard to say without seeing both of them. Which one appeals to you the most? I think you may be able to get something nicer from another source for the $$, but if you want a Tiffany ring, I''d say to do your research & choose the ring that you love the most.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is NO way on earth I''d pay $10,000 extra for the D. The F is white as can be. I hope you choose the F VS1 and then get her a gorgeous diamond wedding band to match. (Or you could pick up one for me with the money I just saved you ;-)

It will be a gorgeous ring!
30.gif

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/16/2006 2:32:39 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
There is NO way on earth I''d pay $10,000 extra for the D. The F is white as can be. I hope you choose the F VS1 and then get her a gorgeous diamond wedding band to match. (Or you could pick up one for me with the money I just saved you ;-)

It will be a gorgeous ring!
30.gif

Right, but the problem is maybe there''s more than the color that''s different between the two... maybe the D is an *extra* beautiful cut (Tiffany cuts tend to be beautiful no matter what)? We don''t know.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results