shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Bubbles Ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone seen in person or tried on the Tiffany Bubbles ring ($9000), not to be confused with the Tiffany Bubbles band ($5100)?
What did you think - as good in real life as on the website?

Any hand shots?

I''m looking for a wedding band that is substantial enough to be worn alone without the e-ring, and can also handle more of a beating - that''s why I like the bezel setting.

...But I can''t really justify spending that much money.
14.gif

So I''m hoping someone will tell me that the ring just doesn''t look that good in person
2.gif

Or maybe you have some other suggestions?
I love the way eternity rings look, but I don''t really care to have diamonds on the palm-side.

Thanks!!!
1.gif

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
can''t advise on hand shots, but lang antiques is selling a bubbles ring for $5950. it''s a size 7 3/4, but i imagine with the wide band, you''d have to go up in ring size.

the Bubbles ring is $9000 and there are diamonds that go all the way around the band, right? which one is the bubbles band??

it''s definitely a different look, something i would have no problem wearing as a RHR. you might as well go to your local tiffany''s and try it on. i try on rings there all the time for fun.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
style="WIDTH: 93.89%; HEIGHT: 197px">Date: 11/1/2007 1:10:38 PM
Author:lsyama
Has anyone seen in person or tried on the Tiffany Bubbles ring ($9000), not to be confused with the Tiffany Bubbles band ($5100)?

So I''m hoping someone will tell me that the ring just doesn''t look that good in person
2.gif
I''ll be that person
35.gif
. I saw the ring on the webite, totally loved it and was majorly disappointed in person. It''s much smaller than in the pictures and if you saw it on somebody''s hand, you''d never think it was 9k. If you are going for a dainty look, then you''ll like it but if you''re looking for a substantial ring, then it''s not the one.

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
Thanks erika - I''ll be in Las Vegas in a few weeks, and I definitely plan to stop by Tiffany to try on some rings. It''ll be a first time experience. And if it''s fun, maybe I''ll have to try out the New York store in December
3.gif

The $9000 bubbles ring is the one you posted a link for. The $5100 bubbles band doesn''t have the two wires - the bubbles are just stuck to each other.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen this ring in person and it is very pretty. However it is definitely *not* worth the money and the design could easily be achieved somewhere else. This is one instance where I don''t think going tiffany is worth it. I''d go with someone like WF and put ACA melee in the band.

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/1/2007 2:18:40 PM
Author: baby monster

style="WIDTH: 93.89%; HEIGHT: 197px">Date: 11/1/2007 1:10:38 PM
Author:lsyama

2.gif
I''ll be that person
35.gif
. I saw the ring on the webite, totally loved it and was majorly disappointed in person. It''s much smaller than in the pictures and if you saw it on somebody''s hand, you''d never think it was 9k. If you are going for a dainty look, then you''ll like it but if you''re looking for a substantial ring, then it''s not the one.
Haha, thanks baby moster!
I hope I am also disappointed when I see it in person - 9k is a pretty shocking price tag, even compared to some of their other rings.

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/1/2007 2:25:19 PM
Author: kcoursolle
I''ve seen this ring in person and it is very pretty. However it is definitely *not* worth the money and the design could easily be achieved somewhere else. This is one instance where I don''t think going tiffany is worth it. I''d go with someone like WF and put ACA melee in the band.
Hi kcoursolle!
I did wonder if WF could make something like this with ACA melee, but I wasn''t sure how closely they''re allowed to copy existing designs. Do you know what the "rules" are, if any? I noticed the website specifically noted that an Elsa Peretti design was copyrighted, but I didn''t notice that for other rings.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2007 4:56:27 PM
Author: lsyama
Date: 11/1/2007 2:25:19 PM

Author: kcoursolle

Hi kcoursolle!

I did wonder if WF could make something like this with ACA melee, but I wasn''t sure how closely they''re allowed to copy existing designs. Do you know what the ''rules'' are, if any? I noticed the website specifically noted that an Elsa Peretti design was copyrighted, but I didn''t notice that for other rings.

The design needs to be changed by 20%. So that could be as simple as changing the flow of the stones and throwing in a few different sizes or something. Not that hard and I agree with kcoursolle, this particular ring isn''t worth going to Tiffs for.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/1/2007 5:03:42 PM
Author: neatfreak

The design needs to be changed by 20%. So that could be as simple as changing the flow of the stones and throwing in a few different sizes or something. Not that hard and I agree with kcoursolle, this particular ring isn''t worth going to Tiffs for.
I''ve seen knock-offs of the bubbles ring. The general idea of the design is there but the actual ring looks little different. This is an example in rubies with emerald and round cut stones and a pave border.

ruby bubbles.jpg

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/1/2007 5:03:42 PM
Author: neatfreak

neatfreak - Thanks for the info! I''m having a hard time figuring out how to quantify 20% of a design though. I guess WF would be able to tell me if the design is different enough.

baby monster - I''ve been trying to envision a bubbles-inspired ring, but design isn''t my strong point. I''ve also been poking around the internet and running across other beautiful rings to covet. (Namely H. Stern''s Allegro.)
I wish I could try them all on... going to NYC in Dec, but don''t know how I''ll bear the wait.
8.gif

cl2ysta1 - Thanks for linking the photo
1.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Do you mean the one with the diamonds and sapphires? Can you post a picture of the one you are interested in?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results