shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Blue Book catalogue

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SparkleRx

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I saw a previous thread about a Tiffany Blue Book Catalogue that comes out every November. I called the 800 number and requested one (if they had any left) and was told by the operator that those only go to certain customers. I asked if I could pick one up in the store and she said no, they are sent from the distribution center. I asked if I could become one of the special customers who receive the Blue Book and she said it was based on tiers of previous purchases. I asked her what the tier specifications were and she didn''t know (I told her that I have made numerous purchases from TIffany''s). She stated it was value based, not quantity based.

From the previous thread I saw, it seemed one could just call and request the Blue Book or go to the local Tiffany''s and pick one up. Anyone else have any recommendations?

Not to get into this...but I have not only made numerous purchases, but they were numerous pricey purchases. The operator was kind and I realize she was following protocol, but ...

I was able to order the regular catalogue to be delivered to my home.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I know what you mean.

I should not matter HOW much you spend but how OFTEN you spend your money there. I guess its all a matter of how much thay can get from you. call the store and ask to speak to the manager. They sometimes can get you added.

BTW...never gotten one either.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Hmm...Not sure how I got a Blue Book (didn''t purchase my e-ring directly from there) and only bought a few pricey ($1000+) purchases....

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I got that Blue Book and I spent 4K with them last year. Don''t know how they compute the cutoffs. Multi purchases of things like crystal and sterling probably don''t help b/c the Blue book is all about gemstones and precious metals.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is not true at all. DH and I were in Tiffany''s during the summer. We have bought from them in the past. Walnut Creek, California store. I requested one of the special catalogs.

The kind salesperson told me she didn''t have any there, but took my name and address and told me she would send me one. She did, I received it almost two weeks later.

Linda

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
That is a good strategy, Linda, to ask your SA directly for the catalogue.

I was talking about how they decided if they just send it to you automatically. I believe that the criteria for that type of marketing is based on your purchases of what is called "Group 1" (non sterling/crystal) jewelry.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beacon,

I love looking at their colored gemstones, that is why I wanted a catalog. LOL. The gemstone rings were so beautiful.

Linda

Dutchgirlll

Rough_Rock
er... stupid question here, but what''s the difference between the blue book and the regular catalogue?

the SA sent me a regular catalogue (at least I believe it''s regular) to me last november. Just don''t know what I''m missing out here
33.gif
and after some "large" purchases last year, I would love to know
31.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hi Sparklerx!

It might be my post to which you are referring.

Last Friday, I went to Tiffany''s with a friend to check out the Novo in person. We were there looking at several rings and developed quite a rapport with this great salesperson. Since our love for diamonds is clear and our exuberance was likely fun for him, he offered us a Blue Book each in addition to The Wedding Book.

Having never purchased anything from Tiffany myself, I had no idea how sought after these books are. For whoever asked, actually - Dutchgrill - The Blue Book is said to contain many one of a kind pieces, for example an incredible 25.27 carat fancy intense yellow Tiffany Novo in a split shank bead set or pave looking setting. for a mere $1,375,000.00! It is gorgeous! There are many other phenomenal pieces like this that only a select few lucky people will ever be able to afford. As far as I am concerned, it is a "fantasy" reference guide.
28.gif

With regards to you getting one, Sparklerx ... I would think, especially since you are a loyal Tiffany customer, you can just go in and request one from your favorite sales associate. Obviously the operator you were speaking with was following their documented process, however, apparently, sales staff at their various locations have greater authority to determine who will or who will not receive one of these books.

Good luck. I hope you get one ... definitely drool worthy!
3.gif

** If you don''t, in all sincerity, I would be more than happy to somehow mail mine to you, with Admin''s assistance and I will steal, or ... share the other one with my friend. No prob whatsoever! After all, based on your previous purchases, you are more likely to really have use for it than I do. Just let me know!
35.gif

SparkleRx

Rough_Rock
As always and as expected...thanks to all who have responded! Glad I am not the only one who didn''t know about this semi-secret Blue Book.

But now I am to find out there is also a Wedding Book? What all am I missing out there? I have just known about their catalogues (nice to flip through, but not enough gems to drool over).

I will def. go back to my local store and ask for a catalogue. I have never bought from this local one since I am not originally from here. Well, actually my b/f just bought my Christmas gift from there, but we returned it (another post, another time). I wish I knew about this last weekend since I was just there last Sunday.

Sparkalicious - thanks so much for the offer. I will let you know if I am still unable to get one when I request it in person. And please tell me where and what this Wedding Book is also.

Maybe if we all chip in a few hundred thousand we can buy the 3 million dollar ring in the catalogue and share it (kind of like a time share).

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2008 10:31:55 PM
Author: SparkleRx
As always and as expected...thanks to all who have responded! Glad I am not the only one who didn''t know about this semi-secret Blue Book.

But now I am to find out there is also a Wedding Book? What all am I missing out there? I have just known about their catalogues (nice to flip through, but not enough gems to drool over).

I will def. go back to my local store and ask for a catalogue. I have never bought from this local one since I am not originally from here. Well, actually my b/f just bought my Christmas gift from there, but we returned it (another post, another time). I wish I knew about this last weekend since I was just there last Sunday.

Sparkalicious - thanks so much for the offer. I will let you know if I am still unable to get one when I request it in person. And please tell me where and what this Wedding Book is also.

Maybe if we all chip in a few hundred thousand we can buy the 3 million dollar ring in the catalogue and share it (kind of like a time share).
Sparklerx -- You made me laugh ... That is funny. YES! A multimillion dollar ring timeshare ... That is a great idea. We will, however, have to limit PS membership though or else I will never, ever get to where that bauble!

Also to not ... given the small size of some of the fingers on PS though, I will like have to wear it as dangly on my earrings or if we get it made in a bigger size, some of the girls will have to shove several fingers in where they would usually only fit one and wear it as a b***h slap ring.
9.gif

You are most welcome. I''m serious. There is some serious bling in there so if you don''t get one, I will certainly part with mine for a PS sister.
2.gif

Didn''t mean to add salt to the wound but yes, there is Wedding Book as well. The same sales person gave us both books. It basically just details all of the engagement ring styles and wedding band styles we all drool over and shows lots of yummy pics. This is no big loss b/c you can check it out online ... The Blue Book, however ... is another story.
30.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I also did not know they were very important....and would also share, but I went ahead and (gasp...) ripped out dream items for fun and tossed the rest.
14.gif

SparkleRx

Rough_Rock
Oh Sparkalicious,

Of course the timeshare will be limited to Pricescopers. But if there are those who have too small of fingers to wear the b***h-slappin bauble during their scheduled week, they will have to start working their finger muscle out. Seriously, I put my hand on a flat surface and raise my ring finger up and down like it is doing a push-up. My b/f just laughs and shakes his head. Now if only I could figure out a way to work out my earlobe muscle for the earrings I want custom-made.

Perhaps a Pricescope Bauble Boot Camp needs to be started?!?

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Sparklerx -- You''re killing me here. Guess what I''m doing with my finger! Thanks a lot!
20.gif

Pricescope Bauble Boot Camp, indeed!

Don''t want to start any controversy or anything but ... what "shape" diamond would our mascot be??
31.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They keep a supply of blue books in the stores during the holidays. If you go into a store during the first 2 or 3 weeks of December, they''ll have them.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
just ask the Madam and you shall receive....

you must be a diamond god or must have been in a previous life!!
31.gif
31.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I did a litttle googling (because I didn't get one when I went into Tiffany's) and I think this may be the Blue Book?
Spark - Am I right?
9.gif
- Since you are lucky enought to own it!
36.gif

http://www.tiffany.cn/catalogues/Bluebook.pdf

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE that Pink Opal Pendant. Whoo Hoo. It is beauuuuuuuuuuuuutiful.

Linda

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2008 10:09:05 AM
Author: Angel7
I did a litttle googling (because I didn''t get one when I went into Tiffany''s) and I think this may be the Blue Book?
Spark - Am I right?
9.gif
- Since you are lucky enought to own it!
36.gif

http://www.tiffany.cn/catalogues/Bluebook.pdf
You are exactly right! THIS is it!

Don''t you love that 25 ct yellow cushion?!!
30.gif

WOW how did you find that???
34.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2008 11:51:59 AM
Author: Sparkalicious

You are exactly right! THIS is it!

Don''t you love that 25 ct yellow cushion?!!
30.gif

WOW how did you find that???
34.gif
I am the google queen!
3.gif
It was really easy, I just typed in Tiffany Blue Book and it was the first link..popped rignt up!
36.gif

SparkleRx

Rough_Rock
You guys are awesome!
36.gif
Thanks google queen Angel7

Thanks for the help in finding this online. I stopped by Tiffanys today and they had the 2006/2007 catalogue but not the 2007/2008. The SA is going to try to get ahold of one for me and call me. In the mean time I will check out the one online (although as of now it keeps crashing my computer - apparantly my computer needs to attend this Bauble Boot Camp since it can''t handle the 25ct cushion I am reading about). I am really hoping the SA can also get the actual book for me since I want to be able to flip through the catalogue at any moments notice.

Sparkaliscios - too funny about the mascot. We will just have to have a mascot in every shape. (although secretly the head mascot will be asscher since that cut rules over all IMO
30.gif
)

I forgot to ask about the wedding catalogue - google queen Angel...can you find that online?

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Ohhh, thank you for posting that link!!! I''ve been having lots of fun looking through those $$$$baubles$$$$.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
SparkleRx -- So glad that Tiff''s came through for you and gave you one of the Blue books!
36.gif

I think you''re right about the mascot. To avoid controversy, we really need to have one in every shape.

The wedding catalogue is no big deal. It''s basically just a small catalogue of their engagement rings and wedding bands. It explains each "line" so to speak. It''s the same info as you can get online. Wouldn''t worry about this one.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
No problem. Sorry, I couldn''t find the wedding one!
My googling skills have failed me!
39.gif

21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results