shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany and Co. Deal??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

thealist

Rough_Rock
I just purchased a .32 CT, VVS1, G color, gold platinum Tiffany and Co. Lucida engagement ring on Ebay from a platinum rated seller for $900.00. Was this a deal or did I get ripped off?? There is no certificate included, but the seller told me if I go to Tiffany they can order the orginals for me, is this true? All it comes with is the box. Any help would be great! Thanks

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Is it gold or platinum? You mentioned both in your post. (Does the Lucida even come in gold?)

Is the inside of the shank of the ring stamped with the carat weight, colour, and clarity? If I'm remembering correctly, it should also have a serial number stamped on the inside of the shank as well.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I believe it only comes in platinum. Could be wrong but that''s what I remember. Tiffany makes very few erings in white gold. Good luck and let us know what you find out. If I were you I would have it checked out ASAP.
2.gif

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
I would be sceptical of a tiffany ring for that price. I would take it to Tiffanys as soon as you get it, they can tell you for sure if it is real or not. I am not sure if Lucida comes in yellow gold or not. But I am not sure what the retail price would be for that stone. I would def want to check, because it could be a good deal but I really dont know for sure

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/5/2005 8:41:34 PM
Author: Daniela
Is it gold or platinum? You mentioned both in your post. (Does the Lucida even come in gold?)

yes. yellow gold and platinum head.

Is the inside of the shank of the ring stamped with the carat weight, colour, and clarity? If I'm remembering correctly, it should also have a serial number stamped on the inside of the shank as well.
The price is lower than tiffany's sure that. If they can provie the papers, that would be helpful for any further transaction. Tiffany provides repairs and upgrades, althouh I am not sure if the process involved identifies the original buyer. perhaps not... and even if, I'd still ask for the papers.

Otherwise, the price would barely be enough to replace the setting, assuming it is the real thing. But does not sound too good to be true.

Good for you if this is what they claim.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
What is on the inside of the ring? Can you take pictures and post them?

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
The only thing that I will say is that the ebay seller sure does sell some expensive stuff!

MMM, how about THIS bag for you? hehehe

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
It is hard to see anything in those pictures. I would call Tiffany about the serial number and ask them what they say. I would also seriously consider sending the ring to them for their people to verify. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results