shape
carat
color
clarity

Three of hearts WF (my fiance''s ring)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a GORGEOUS ring! I love it.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2008 1:35:18 AM
Author: Aur
I''m sorry if anybody has misread or has not read my entire post.

I DO NOT SEEK LEGAL RECOURSE. Like I said none of this is negativity towards Whiteflash their business policy, craftsmanship, quality, service or product that comes from them. This was just simply what I wanted it to turn out.

I am not going to waste my time or WF and get a lawyer to pursue anything. (Get that out of your minds) I understand they are a business. We''ve spoken to James and this will be a non-confusion in the future to anybody getting custom work at Whiteflash. I have suggested policy changes and or disclosures upfront with the customer before beginning work. My suggestion was more than appreciated and noted, I believe they said they were going to have a meeting on such an issue in the near future.

And please don''t look at this as a way for me to be ''looking for drama'' I''ve stated numerous times that I am looking for nothing from them. It is however in my nature to talk things out, and what not a better place for that than on a forum?

I thank you all for the comments and support.
First off, I meant no harm in my original comment. I have total respect for your issue, and feel sorry that you have been made to feel anything but happiness during this exciting time. However, I did read your entire post and responded honestly. But, when you''re talking infringement on your design and your personal rights to your design, that does become a legal issue--hence me bringing it up. Also, you brought up the issue of being compensated for your design (first you asked if you should, then you said no one offered and then you said you didn''t want any....so, I was confused...) and I was simply clarifying for you that there probably wouldn''t be any money exchanged or refunded because again (legally speaking) there was no copy writting. And as far as being dramatic about the issue, maybe that was the wrong word--but it was the first thing that came to my mind. I think once you have voiced your concerns, you have to accept their decision as final...because, while it may make you unhappy...they are out to make money--plain and simple...business is never personal, neither in a positive or negative way...it''s just all about what is best for the company.

Morally, what they are doing isn''t exactly right--esspecially since they know that it is bugging you. Of course, in a perfect world they would tweek the design or pull it entirely to make you happy...but, they seem set on selling it. Find comfort in knowing you named it and she has the first edition of it ever made...that is pretty special!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm...that''s a tough situation. I''m not trying to attack you, but you may not realize that the heart basket design has actually already been done by WF several times in the last couple of months. I''ve seen a few here on SMTR lately. (The first I recall is when one PSer helped a friend design a heart-themed ring with that basket and heart prongs.)

So I think it''s likely that because several people have gotten the heart basket design lately, that contributed to WF adding it to their website. Yes, they added your design specifically, but I don''t think you should take it as them "copying" you in particular, just because several PSers have gotten heart baskets lately.

I would try to take it as flattery and have fun thinking up a fun name for the design! Hopefully you won''t be bummed out soon!

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooooooooooo it''s very beautiful. however (IMHO) it really is just your interpretation of alot of other three stone mountings on the market. You did a GREAT job and it is lovely. however without the inspiration of many other designs you took reference from. You would not have come up with this gorgeous design for your lady.

enjoy your beautiful ring and hard work put into it. Take pride in knowing because of you, others will be able to feel that kind of love for their ring as well.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2008 11:46:13 PM
Author: KtIceRN
First off Congrats Aur on you you engagement!

I just wanted to point out that WF actually does have something on their website that states that the custom design they make is actually their property to do with what they wish or recreate as they want to. Here's the link to where I found it. It's #7.

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds_info/t/faq.aspx?articleid=70&zoneid=6

Aur don't stress about this, it's not worth spoiling your engagement over something that you will probably never see IRL. You should be proud that they think the design is worthy of being included in their catalog. I'm pretty sure that LynnB was happy about the harmony design.

Enjoy being engaged to the woman you love and having the first ever produced Three of hearts ring.
That is called a rights grab and has been frowned upon in the courts unless there was a written and signed contract.
Id sue and scream all over the net if it was me.
I'm sure an investigative reporter would love too do a story on it too.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
At some point in time a person had the sweeping wire prong idea / design
emidea.gif

Has anyone heard that persons cry''s and felt their tears?

Personally i think this is a compilation of ideas and perhaps WF have done several versions (I know I have) in different combo''s. They say "what would be a good 3 stone to add to our range?" Someone says what about this one? Bang. It may not have even occurred to them that it was Aur''s.

I think this is a very complex and grey area, and those throwing stones should consider things carefully

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/31/2008 11:25:47 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
emidea.gif

Personally i think this is a compilation of ideas and perhaps WF have done several versions (I know I have) in different combo''s. They say ''what would be a good 3 stone to add to our range?'' Someone says what about this one? Bang. It may not have even occurred to them that it was Aur''s.

I think this is a very complex and grey area, and those throwing stones should consider things carefully
Only that he was the one who hired WF to make the ring he designed....

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/31/2008 11:33:34 PM
Author: LegacyGirl

Date: 3/31/2008 11:25:47 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
emidea.gif

Personally i think this is a compilation of ideas and perhaps WF have done several versions (I know I have) in different combo''s. They say ''what would be a good 3 stone to add to our range?'' Someone says what about this one? Bang. It may not have even occurred to them that it was Aur''s.

Only that he was the one who hired WF to make the ring he designed....
LG when we are working on designs we often just have lots of printed images, some waxes and various 1/2 made components all over the table with Pizza and wine too for good measure. All i am saying is there is a chance this happened without someone saying "hey lets really make this lovely client hate us forever"

I have been guilty of the same thing when my staff selected a design, made it and then put it into a catalogue which was mailed to the client who we made mark53 version of a particular ring. She did not talk to me for more than a year.
From our side, we made a variation on an orginal design of mine and Emma that we have been making for 15 years.
My client felt how Aur does, and at the time she was quite vunerable (she had suffered having her 2 children taken away by an ex for more than a decade). But no one did this deliberately and I count her as a personal friend.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results