shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this stone...PLZ

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tyke

Rough_Rock
Please let me know what you think about this round stone:

EGL Certified
1.35 carats
Color H
Clarity VS2
Measurements 7.2-7.07x4.36
Depth 61.1%
Table 56%
Crown 13.9%
Crown Angle 31.9*
Pavilion 42.9%
Pavilion Angle 40.7*
Polish - Good
Symmetry - Good
Flourescence - None
Cutlet - None

I realize the symmetry is a bit off and the crown angle is a bit small, but I ran it through the HCA and it came back a 1.1 on total visual performance:

Light Return - Very Good
Fire - Excellent
Scintillation - Excellent
Spread - Very Good

It looks beautiful to my eye and even better, within my price range at about $6500, but your help and comments would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Not only 1.1, but also a BIC. I''ll bet it''s a beautiful stone.

Comparing to comparably configured diamonds (certed by EGL), it''s absolutely fairly priced, right in the middle of prices with similar features on the quick search here. But, those diamonds will be less likely, I''ll bet, to as reliably score well on the HCA, and this one does score well. Consequently, I think it''s probably a good value, and a good performer.

Although by getting an EGL certed stone, you could speculate you''re not getting a diamond with the same specs an equivalent diamond would have that was rated by either GIA or AGS, it''s probably competitively priced, apples to apples, against one of those anyway.

Since you like it, you''re probably 90% of the way there. Determining what sorts of questions you would have to confirm you''d like to go ahead may help you take the next step to "pull the trigger." Be sure to read the tutorial here to help you go forward with your eyes open.

Best wishes,

tyke

Rough_Rock
Thank you Ideal Rock. I appreciate your comments and the extra confidence they have given me in purchasing this stone. Now the real work starts in finding a setting. Thank you again..........any other comments would be appreciated!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks like a winner to me!!!! What kind of settings are you thinking of????

tyke

Rough_Rock
Oops..thanks Rough Rock, and now you too Ideal Rock! I''m really confused about a setting. I have seen SO MANY beautiful ones on this website its a bit overwhelming. I go back and forth between a three stone with a matching wedding band, to something that has an eternity style to both the e-ring and band. Per my earlier post, two places that I''ve discussed settings with are discouraging a peg setting for the e-ring as not substantial enough. Any thoughts/recommendations would be very much appreciated!

jewelgirl

Shiny_Rock
Ijust got an egl certed H si2 stone. It scored a 1.4 ont he hca...and is GORGEOUS!!!!!! What a performer!

Although I ws prepared for an "I" per what everyone says abt egl...the stone is very white, even from the side. I would ask the vendor if it faces up white. I am sure it will as it is such a good performer the cut seems to be all I can see, it flashes around so much!

Good luck, and lucky you to find such an appraent beauty!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results