Super pretty and nice width on the model's finger!! :love:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love that stone

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is a gorgeous stone and really well cut! Have you seen an N in person? I think I recall you saying you were okay with lower color.

sugarski

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Tourmaline, UrsTx, LookinAgain, and DS!

I BOUGHT IT! I'm so excited!!!

It was so much fun talking to Erica and she made the process so easy!

Thanks so much to all of you and everyone here for all the help along the way. :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AWESOME!!! I think it is gorgeous and can't wait to hear what you think when you see it in person! It is a great size, too!

sugarski

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1441857929|3925935 said:
I think it is a gorgeous stone and really well cut! Have you seen an N in person? I think I recall you saying you were okay with lower color.

Thanks DS :) You especially have helped me with all sorts of things since I've been here.

No, I've never seen an N in person, but Erica at first estimated it was an L or M. I think I'll be fine with an AGS N-- I love the whole idea of a creamy vanilla color for an old cut, especially since it's very close to the 8mm size I was hoping for and I'm SO excited about that! :D (Really need the finger coverage since I have a size 9 finger, lol!)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous OEC. :love: Cannot wait for you to get it. I hope you are in love with it when it arrives. Great cut and beautiful chunky facets. Love it. :love:
Do you know how you are setting it if you decide it's a keeper?

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
How exciting!!

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love it! The facets are perfection and look so sharp and crisp! Congrats! I'm glad it went to a PSer so we can see more pics in it's natural habitat.

Have you decided how you're going to set it?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

sugarski

Shiny_Rock
Tekate, missy, iluvshinythings, Tourmaline,

Thanks for your warm support. It means a lot to me! So much fun to have other people who are excited about this too! :)

It's coming tomorrow! Even dh is getting a little excited I think. At first he was mystified by the whole thing, I think, because we are such non-fancy people, but now he's completely on board- he even said "you deserve it" and I was like... "YES I DO!" LOL!

As far as settings... not sure yet, but either a solitaire or a 3-stone in 18k unplated wg, rose, or yellow. I've collected some of my favorite settings on PS over the years and the VC Trueste is one of them, as is the 8-prong LAD/JbEG Julia with no pave. I seem to like rings where the head is connected to the shank with little shoulders as opposed to just sitting on top, if that makes sense?

Another idea would be a trellis 3-stone if I could find good matching sidestones. My thing is that I want the ring to be very wearable- no pave to worry about, nothing too high-set (so no T&Co-type 6-prongs), not something that's going to catch on things or be really hard to get used to wearing, kwim?

I have stubby, sausage-like size 9 fingers and I'm not sure any setting will really look right on me, honestly, but I don't care. :lol:

Oh, and Erica is sending me some settings to play with! Have I mentioned I love Erica? :D

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm late to the party but I'm SO excited for you!!! :dance: Your husband sounds so sweet - and yeah, my husband was the same way - not *quite* getting it at first but then so happy to see you happy! Oh I hope you love it!

sugarski

Shiny_Rock
junebug17|1441916050|3926219 said:
I'm late to the party but I'm SO excited for you!!! :dance: Your husband sounds so sweet - and yeah, my husband was the same way - not *quite* getting it at first but then so happy to see you happy! Oh I hope you love it!

Aw, thanks so much, junebug17! :love:

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVELY, congrats!! :appl:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous stone! Love the faceting :love: :love: She will be stunning any way you decide to set her! Keep us posted and let us know what you think!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We need pics!!! :naughty:

HegemonyCricket

Shiny_Rock
That's a beautiful stone! Can't wait to see how you set it!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone! Congratulations! Can't wait to see more photos! :appl:

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Its a fireball! So excited for you!

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
What a beauty with size 9 fingers I vote 3 stone or art deco style halo

sugarski

Shiny_Rock
Hi Stone Hunter, Bonfire, ariel144, Rockinruby, HegemonyCricket, Sphene, and arkieb1! Thanks for all your kind comments!

I have the stone and 3 of the LAD/CvB settings, but unfortunately it's been gray and rainy for the past couple of days and I haven't been able to get good pics! But they're all beautiful! I still can't believe Erica just sent me the settings to play with. It's been incredibly fun and stress-free to work with her.

I am loving the Chloe setting http://www.tucsonbrideandgroom.com/...ries_jewelry_Wedding-ring_Chloe-Solitaire.jpg although if I pick it, I'll modify it by not doing pave or the little decorative wraps on the shank. I REALLY love the head on this one. Also love the top view of the Dahlia: http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/n-biq04.../IMG_8365__32333.1434121828.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

My other favorite LAD/CvB designs are the Jen http://www.loveaffairdiamonds.com/the-jen-solitaire/and the Elisabeth with no pave http://www.loveaffairdiamonds.com/the-elisabeth-solitaire/, but I haven't yet seen them IRL.

I also still like the Fine Line from WF http://www.whiteflash.com/photos/2012/11/fine-line-solitaire-engagement-ring-784.jpg?size=0 (reminiscent of the Cartier 1895 solitaire), and a three-stone is still an idea too.

And I think I want to do either all unplated white gold or all rose... thinking yellow might tint the stone too much, and I don't tend to like two-tone settings as much, but any thoughts on this are welcome!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The CvB's are tdf!

badabling

Shiny_Rock
Your stone is beautiful! I've been talking to Erica and I can't say enough good things about her. She goes over and beyond to make sure you're happy with your diamond. I love the chloe setting as well!!! All this swooping lines and delicate claws :love:

sugarski

Shiny_Rock
ecf8503|1442110781|3927053 said:
The CvB's are tdf!

And they're even more beautiful IRL. :love:

sugarski

Shiny_Rock
badabling|1442178620|3927306 said:
Your stone is beautiful! I've been talking to Erica and I can't say enough good things about her. She goes over and beyond to make sure you're happy with your diamond. I love the chloe setting as well!!! All this swooping lines and delicate claws :love:

Thank you, badabling! :) And you're right, Erica is the best and I'm so happy to be working with her. :love:

HegemonyCricket

Shiny_Rock
sugarski|1442109401|3927050 said:
Hi Stone Hunter, Bonfire, ariel144, Rockinruby, HegemonyCricket, Sphene, and arkieb1! Thanks for all your kind comments!

I have the stone and 3 of the LAD/CvB settings, but unfortunately it's been gray and rainy for the past couple of days and I haven't been able to get good pics! But they're all beautiful! I still can't believe Erica just sent me the settings to play with. It's been incredibly fun and stress-free to work with her.

I am loving the Chloe setting http://www.tucsonbrideandgroom.com/...ries_jewelry_Wedding-ring_Chloe-Solitaire.jpg although if I pick it, I'll modify it by not doing pave or the little decorative wraps on the shank. I REALLY love the head on this one. Also love the top view of the Dahlia: http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/n-biq04.../IMG_8365__32333.1434121828.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

My other favorite LAD/CvB designs are the Jen http://www.loveaffairdiamonds.com/the-jen-solitaire/and the Elisabeth with no pave http://www.loveaffairdiamonds.com/the-elisabeth-solitaire/, but I haven't yet seen them IRL.

I also still like the Fine Line from WF http://www.whiteflash.com/photos/2012/11/fine-line-solitaire-engagement-ring-784.jpg?size=0 (reminiscent of the Cartier 1895 solitaire), and a three-stone is still an idea too.

And I think I want to do either all unplated white gold or all rose... thinking yellow might tint the stone too much, and I don't tend to like two-tone settings as much, but any thoughts on this are welcome!

I think we must have similar taste... Those are all of my favorite LAD/CvB settings! I was THIS close to setting my OEC in the Elisabeth (before I went with the more cost conscious BGD setting). After I see how yours turns out, I might save up for a reset next year... I am very interested in the Chloe!

sugarski

Shiny_Rock
I think we must have similar taste... Those are all of my favorite LAD/CvB settings! I was THIS close to setting my OEC in the Elisabeth (before I went with the more cost conscious BGD setting). After I see how yours turns out, I might save up for a reset next year... I am very interested in the Chloe!

:) The Chloe is completely drool-worthy!

And I am loving the rich yellow gold of the sample I have. Just haven't yet figured out if it would be "too" yellow with the N diamond... kind of leaning toward unplated nickel wg atm...

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results