shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this OEC .69 F SI1

omc111

Rough_Rock
The diamond from JbyEG is lovely. I've bought several diamonds from them and I've never been disapointed. Did you give them the dimensions of your current diamond and ask them if they thought their diamond would fit in your setting? It's almost .20 points larger so I would think it would depend on where the extra size is--in the width or depth. I hope it works because it would be a beautiful ring!!

Caza1230

Rough_Rock
I didn't :/. I wasn't sure if that was something they could really help me with. I did go to a local jeweler and ask them about the head that is currently on the setting and told them I brought an OEC stone online I'd like to have set in this ring. Good news is the head on here is for up to a .75 so it will be able to handle this new stone. Now all I have to do is wait for it to arrive, inspect it, and then have it set.

The only think I am not sure of is do I need to have it appraised before I have it set or can it be appraised as part of my ring. Excited and nervous as this is my first online diamond purchase.

Thanks for the feedback!

omc111

Rough_Rock
Who's going to set the diamond? You could probably get them to appraise the ring for you, especially if you have a description and appraisal from JbyEG. I always ask them for something in writing giving a full description and value of the piece of jewelry or the stone that I can submit to my insurance company.

In your case, if your jeweler has the value of the diamond, appraising the ring should be easy.

Be sure to post pics when all is complete. :love:

Caza1230

Rough_Rock
I'm not a 100% sure who is going to do the setting of this stone. While visiting my mum who lives an hour plus away, I wandered into a local jeweler who was so nice and was able to tell me that I don't need a new head for this stone and gave me a very fair price to do the setting of the stone. His work bench is out in the open and will do it while I wait with no problem. Just would have to make the trip down again and I am trying to find a good local jeweler so I can work on some custom/other jewelry projects.

On my lunch break I stopped in a jewelry store in the diamond district in Boston near where I work that was mentioned on this forum. Unfortunately it wasn't a great experience so I won't be returning.

I think I will try one or two more local to me jewelers before returning to the one near my mum's who was so kind and helpful. Probably not the right place to ask, but does anyone have a good jeweler in the Cambridge area?

I'l keep this thread updated and I promise I'll take pics as soon as this project is complete!

Caza1230

Rough_Rock
New stone arrived and it was everything I wanted it to be. Found a local jeweler a town over from me to do the setting and a full appraisal which is all done now. I'm so happy! I took a few pics and plan to take more.

Here's the finished product! I'll add additional ones to Show Me the Bling. img_3201.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Caza! It looks wonderful in the setting! Can't wait to see your SMTB thread :bigsmile:

Caza1230

Rough_Rock
Finally posted in SMTB. It's hard getting good pics with iPhone camera but finally have a few that I think are post worthy. Thanks again to you all for your feedback.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results