shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this loose Aquamarine gemstone?

jamesjl

Rough_Rock
I am looking for a rectangular, emerald-cut Aquamarine gem, to be made into a ring. I've found the following Aquamarine on GemsNY in the link below, and it's the right shape, size, clarity and color. However, it's significantly higher in price than other Aquamarine gems I've found and looks like it's been in the market for a while (GIA cert in 3/17/2020).

I'm hoping that someone with experience can tell me if this gem is a good deal, a good cut, as well as whether to trust GemsNY's AAAA rating. If it's not a good deal, are there any recommendations for alternative sources of Aquamarines at a good value? TIA - Cheers!

Note: This is my first post so I apologize if I've left out any important information. Please let me know if there's any info I can provide to clarify.

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
There's a pop-up I can't get past to view the stone

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not see the GIA report they’re touting, only an in house appraisal (conflict of interest). I suspect it’s windowed due to the substantial tilt window. It would be nice to see a direct view on the stone instead of one laying on its pavilion facets.

Be careful with aquamarine. Some can fade due to irradiation treatment, and the synthetics are highly convincing. I would only buy from a dealer with a very trusted source and a reputable lab report. I don’t believe irradiation is a treatment that can be determined however.

jamesjl

Rough_Rock
I do not see the GIA report they’re touting, only an in house appraisal (conflict of interest). I suspect it’s windowed due to the substantial tilt window. It would be nice to see a direct view on the stone instead of one laying on its pavilion facets.

Be careful with aquamarine. Some can fade due to irradiation treatment, and the synthetics are highly convincing. I would only buy from a dealer with a very trusted source and a reputable lab report. I don’t believe irradiation is a treatment that can be determined however.

Thank you for your advice. Do you know of any dealers who provide reputable aquamarines?

jamesjl

Rough_Rock

Also, to try to vet if real and from a reputable source, what questions should I ask the vendor? Thanks!

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
The GIA report is there, it’s just kind of hard to get to because of the web UI.

4E4ED8B8-52D2-4373-9575-638D7E5B5A1A.jpeg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The GIA report is there, it’s just kind of hard to get to because of the web UI.

4E4ED8B8-52D2-4373-9575-638D7E5B5A1A.jpeg

The report finally shows what I suspected, a ginormous window.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results