shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this dusty pink garnet?

sfilly

Rough_Rock
Considering this 5.7mm garnet for a bezel ring but I'm not sure if it would look nice in yellow gold. Would love some honest opinions before I pull the trigger
1000053337.png 1000053338.png
1000053319-png.968369

Attachments

• 1000053319.png
    1000053319.png
    443 KB · Views: 172

sfilly

Rough_Rock
Another hand shot plus a couple of settings I'm using for inspo (would take it to a local jeweler)
1000053320.jpg 1000053340.png 1000053342.png

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
Is there a return policy? I ask because, in my experience, most pinkish/reddish garnets are very shifty, towards purple in 'bluer' light, towards orange in 'redder' light. This is not necessarily bad - often all the colours are attractive and the colour shift adds interest. But it's very important to check the stone yourself in different lighting.

I love the unusual hexagonal shape - you have lots of creative design options.

Like @lovedogs, I think the stone will look better in white metal.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
im usually a yellow gold lover but im thinking rose gold or as @Starstruck8 says a white metal
any way it looks a very pretty stone on my screen (but i know my screen is not colour accurate)
i look forward to seeing what you do @sfilly

Adam95

Shiny_Rock
I think the brown tone in the stone kind of kills it. Especially under low light. Check out Jeff Davies and CaratsGems. Almost every garnet I have bought from both of them has been solid, and easy returns for the few I didn't like.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a zircon that color. I put it in rose gold, but yellow would be nice. It will look more brown or gray in white metal. It depends on the look you’re going for

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with @T L about the rose gold. Also the garnet will likely lean rather brown. Are you ok with that? I learnt the hard way that these things will tend to be more brown than pink.

Here is a zircon I bought that was supposed to be “pink”. It is hardly “pink” by any stretch.

IMG_2547.jpeg

sfilly

Rough_Rock
I agree with @T L about the rose gold. Also the garnet will likely lean rather brown. Are you ok with that? I learnt the hard way that these things will tend to be more brown than pink.

Here is a zircon I bought that was supposed to be “pink”. It is hardly “pink” by any stretch.

IMG_2547.jpeg

Thanks for sharing! I actually love the way your ring looks with the brown/pink tone. I don't think I'd wear a vivid pink but I'm hoping it still looks rosy and not brown brown. I ordered the stone last night and am super nervous about seeing it irl. I'm toying with the idea of getting some brown diamonds on the band so it makes the stone rosier and the ring sort of earthy.

I have a zircon that color. I put it in rose gold, but yellow would be nice. It will look more brown or gray in white metal. It depends on the look you’re going for

This is my feeling exactly... I would set it in rose gold to optically deepen the saturation a bit. I think yellow gold will further muddy the color and white will simply wash it out. Good luck! Love the cut!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results