shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this Cushion pls ...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

suzannemarie24

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

my boyfriend and I are ring shopping and I think we found "the one". would love your thoughts! see details below:

cushion brilliant
8.73x8.55x5.04
2.70 carats
depth - 58.9%
table - 53%
girdle - very thing to very thich faceted
culet - none
polish - very good
symmetry - good
VVS1
G
no fluorescence

would love your input! somethings that stick out to me ... could the depth be too small? if so - what does that mean? also, I was really hoping for something in the D-E range but the G seemed nicer to me than the E,F stones I saw. thoughts on g compared to E, F? also it is very square. does anyone have any strong opinions on square cushions as oposed to more oval ones?

thanks in advance for your thoughts!

paliquito

Rough_Rock
I''m new to this this whole thing; I don''t even know how to post an email to a forum, yet only to individuals. So, i guess i''ll ask you for some advise. I''m in the military and based in Texas, my girlfriend lives in SoCal (where i''m originally from). I''ll be deployed to Iraq in about 4 months(May or June), and I''m planning on proposing to her in Feb. and marry her thru the court, for now. I plan on doing the whole ceremony thing when i get back from the sand. Her daughter''s B-Day is going to be celebrated on the 25th. I''ll be visiting from 23 Feb- 5 March. Do you have any ideas to what places in CA would be memoriable for a proposal? (prefablly at the beaches) Restaurants?

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
To start your own thread, simply scroll to the top of the page and click on the little button that says "new topic" on the right side.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would expect a relatively unusual look with the small table - but why not. Shape is a matter of taste and there is quite a bit of variation among cushions.

The stats tell me very little - not much about the actual shape, nothing about the faceting style and definitely nothing about brilliance. What else to comment on...
7.gif

If a VS clarity comes your way, it may be worth mentioning that there is no visual difference between VS and higher. If the clarity grade has some symbolic value to you, that is fine - just for looks, it means little.

The one little thing that shows on the report and may be worth asking a question about before having the stone set is the 'very thin' part of the girdle. The width variation between very thin and very thick is not that unusual for cushion diamonds, but it may be good to ask if the very thin portion is extensive enough or so placed that it may be exposed to damage. This, especially if you want a high setting.

I would worry about the brightness of the cut for a large stone like this, and from the detail given I don't know to say anything about the relative brilliance of this stone.

About the sqyare shape: there is a premium on 'squareness' but as far as I know, this is only a matter a fashion - for now, square is 'in'. Otherwise, the choice is up to what you like - square or rectangular. There should be enough options out there.

My 2c
34.gif

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Well, being a cushion, seeing it in person is much more important than looking at numbers. First off, is the diamond certified and by whom? A "G" color should indeed be very white, though maybe not quite as white as a smaller diamond would be. The larger diamond shows more color. A VVS clarity is overkill unless clarity is more of a mental thing for you (some people just don't like the thought of inclusions, even if they can't see them). You could go down to a VS2 or a SI1 and save money. The diamond would look exactly the same to the naked eye. Anyway, you know more than any of us do, as you have seen it in person. If you love it, than it's the perfect diamond for you. BTW, I personally prefer an more square cushion. Some people do not. It's just a matter of opinion.

suzannemarie24

Rough_Rock
Hi - thanks for our thoughts! I totally new to the process. Can you explain why the small table might make it unusual? I''m not familiar with the standard table % and why that is a good/bad thing?

appreciate the help!

josephg

Rough_Rock
After doing my own shopping the past few weeks, the way I understand it is that you want a smaller table because you dont want the weight of the diamond in the smooth table but the faceted portion of the diamond. ( i could be completely wrong on that but the person at WF that i am dealing with specifically was looking for a table under 60%. My diamond is more near the 1ct range so they may play a factor in his decision.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results