shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this asscher diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I guess it would have been wise to post this before I bought this diamond, but since I''ll have time to examine it during the return period, I wanted to know if there is anything about this diamond that I should be extra careful to examine. It looked beautiful to me, but do you see something I should be wary of?

I don''t have any other photos until it gets here--I saw it live streamed over the net.

any asscher scholars out there?
26.gif

diamonde.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
bad tilt in the photo.
despite that I think its a good one.
Towards the top there is a large black zone where there should be some white.
tilt can do it but when you get it check and make sure its just tilt.
You eyes will line it up naturally while it is hard to line it up under a camera.

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
Well, you could buy an IS, that would help evaluate light return.

Beyond that, make sure you look at some other aschers in a B+M and get a feel for the cut and what good ones (and ones that you like, since they''re variable) look like. It might be worth going to a well known store where you''re sure the cuts are good. That way you have a good feel for how your stone looks vs. others. Your eyes are the best measure for fancies.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
That''s funny...I thought no one had replied to this post! I''m very grateful for the fact that you were willing to take a peek.
1.gif

And thanks for the tips...it should be here next week and I will definitely check for the tilt.

If I get it appraised, are the odds good that they will do light return analysis, a la idealscope? I hear there around this forum that there is a great appraiser in Walnut Creek (I''m in the Bay Area) named Nancy...

I''ll let you know how this goes! Thanks again.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
It''s here! I love it! I''ve posted photos on Show Me the Ring...

Thanks for your advice.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/asscher-solitaire-pics.40904/

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it''s very nice, where did you get it from?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results