shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on setting this Malaya Garnet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joy2theworld

Shiny_Rock
I think it probably needs a setting that allows it to get a lot of light, so, no bezel. It is 1.74 carats and 6.95 mm, Portuguese cut. This is the vendor''s picture and I will post a few of mine as well. I can''t seem to capture the light pink color.

ImperialMalaia1.74acopy.jpg

joy2theworld

Shiny_Rock
Another vendor picture.

MalaiaRound1.74bcopy.jpg

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
That is a pretty cut...very "flower like"! I think I would put it in something simple that wouldn''t compete with the "busy-ness" of the cut (busy in a good way).

Laura

joy2theworld

Shiny_Rock
Well, apparently I don''t know how to format my pictures correctly. I keep getting errors even though I''ve resized them. I''m sorry, but those are the vendor pictures. I see much more orange in the stone. Someone at work told me peach or mauve. I was hoping for more of a pinky mauve, but I only see that outside in cloudy light.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I think it needs a setting that says " Gailey''s" on it. Gorgeous!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/1/2009 8:46:10 PM
Author: joy2theworld
Well, apparently I don''t know how to format my pictures correctly. I keep getting errors even though I''ve resized them. I''m sorry, but those are the vendor pictures. I see much more orange in the stone. Someone at work told me peach or mauve. I was hoping for more of a pinky mauve, but I only see that outside in cloudy light.
Malayas tend to shift in color, so whatever color gold you get, it should also compliment not just the lovely pink above, but the color shift.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s very pretty! I''ll check back later and see if your photos get posted. TFS!!

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/1/2009 8:40:33 PM
Author: Largosmom
That is a pretty cut...very ''flower like''! I think I would put it in something simple that wouldn''t compete with the ''busy-ness'' of the cut (busy in a good way).

Laura

Yes, like a chrysanthemum .

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Color shifters in light tones are quite tricky in terms of deciding on the color of metal. If one of the colors in peachy, then white metal might make it look more brown. If you go with yellow and you have pinkish-orange and lilac (if I understand correctly), the first one might easily end up more orange and the other one more pink/magenta/raspberry...some of that. Rose gold would make the first color (obviously) more pink and the second more reddish lilac i.e. pinkish so the difference between the two colors could be lessened - probably something you don''t want. I''d probably go with yellow, but it''s all your choice and a matter of your taste. When it comes to design, would you consider having some surface finish on the metal, like a satin finish? I think it would suit this stone very well for several reasons.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Either yellow or rose gold might work but there’s no way to tell since I’m not sure of the colour shift in person. The first picture looks lilac to me and the second picture sort of orangey pink.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/2/2009 3:18:03 AM
Author: klewis

Date: 12/1/2009 8:40:33 PM
Author: Largosmom
That is a pretty cut...very ''flower like''! I think I would put it in something simple that wouldn''t compete with the ''busy-ness'' of the cut (busy in a good way).

Laura

Yes, like a chrysanthemum .
I have a 6mm Tanzanite cut this way and when looking through the table into the stone, I always thought it looked like the petals of a flower.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still would like to see your photos of the stone. Maybe some next to white metal and some next to gold metal?
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results