shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on RB 1.11ct I/SI2 please? (with Idealscope image)

watersl

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone!

I was complete newbie a few months back. Luckily during my search I was brought to here, where I happened to gain some basic but essential knowledge of choosing diamond. Now I am considering of buying the below one and its specification is as follows:

1.11ct Round Brilliant
Measurement: 6.65 - 6.7 x 4.08 mm
Color Grade: I
Clarity Grade: SI2
Cut Grade: Excellent
Depth: 61%
Table: 58%
Crown Angle: 35
Pavilion Angle: 41

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-SI2-Excellent-Cut-Round-Diamond-1498643.asp

I have learnt that 35 crown angle with 41 pavilion angle is a typical steep/deep combo which causes light leakage. Also, its HCA scores 2.4 only. Do these imply that this diamond won’t be a good performer? On the other hand, the idealscope image seems right in my untrained eyes. And for SI2, it looks pretty eye clean. So, I am confused.

I am a bit nervous as this diamond is for the engagement ring (she hasn’t known it yet!). May I have your thoughts on this diamond please? Is this diamond worth to buy?

Any opinion would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

1498643id.jpg

BE6756pic.jpg

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Thoughts on RB 1.11ct I/SI2 please? (with Idealscope ima

It does look pretty clean for a Si2. If you don't mind me asking what is your budget for the diamond/ring?

GMUAlum08

Shiny_Rock

that looks more like a VS2. how much is it going for?

watersl

Rough_Rock

Hi farmer gal,
My budget for the diamond is $4500-$5000. Had explored with her before and she is a definitely a "size" girl. So I am looking for sth not lower than 1ct, I color.

The diamond above is 4950 with PS discount. Is it worth the price?

Cheers

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock

It looks like a nice diamond for the price, and they have a great return policy so worse case you can always return :twirl:

jkc350z

Rough_Rock

wow, although the inclusions are on the table, that looks to be like a super clean SI2!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

That looks VERY clean for an SI2! Have you seen the diamond yourself? JA does have a great return policy as FarmerGal says - looks great! Nice size, too!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have an SI2 and I wish mine was that clean!!! I am not an expert by any means, but that sounds like a pretty darn good price for that clean of a stone.

watersl

Rough_Rock

Thanks all for the input!
I have just pulled the trigger and will update this thread again after receiving the diamond!! ;))

Cheers

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results