shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on my 60/60

Teena

Rough_Rock
I have had my diamond/ring for a bit and recently discovered pricescope, HCA scores and realize my diamond is a 60/60. It is a GIA 3X so had figured it had to be great. Reading about 60/60 got me a bit worried. The HCA score is 1.7 within TIC range. Screenshot_20220828-110720_Drive.jpg Its a VVS2 I color. Should I be worried about these angles. It seems to be within Tolkowsky range except for the table. Any thoughts will be appreciated. I do not have the aset image.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Pics and or vid?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Well, just from this one pic, it looks white and bright. Did you happen to get an ASET?

Kya

Shiny_Rock
If you have been happy with it, no reason to worry now just because these percentages have just been brought to light.
The picture looks very nice although of course it’s hard to determine anything from a single photo.
But if looks nice to you irl and you liked it, by all means continue to do so!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks to be a beautiful bright stone.

Remember, HCA is generally considered a rule-out tool, meant to eliminate poor performing stones. Per the developer, an HCA score below 2 eliminates over 95% of all diamonds and are well worth further consideration. As the HCA takes only 5 data points into account, Idealscope and Aset images are more useful.

If you've been happy with your diamond so far, the HCA 1.7 score if anything substantiates your choice. I had a lovely 60/60 diamond also scoring below 2 and found it beautiful.

If you've not been happy with your stone, or you really want more detailed information on your stone's performance, then perhaps check the Resources tab for an independent appraiser near you and ask if they can provide Aset and/or Idealscope services.

Teena

Rough_Rock
It looks to be a beautiful bright stone.

Remember, HCA is generally considered a rule-out tool, meant to eliminate poor performing stones. Per the developer, an HCA score below 2 eliminates over 95% of all diamonds and are well worth further consideration. As the HCA takes only 5 data points into account, Idealscope and Aset images are more useful.

If you've been happy with your diamond so far, the HCA 1.7 score if anything substantiates your choice. I had a lovely 60/60 diamond also scoring below 2 and found it beautiful.

If you've not been happy with your stone, or you really want more detailed information on your stone's performance, then perhaps check the Resources tab for an independent appraiser near you and ask if they can provide Aset and/or Idealscope services.

Appreciate your response. It has a bright icy look. I will look into getting an aset or idealscope. I think it will help me feel better. I think reading up on 60/60 made me a bit concerned.

Teena

Rough_Rock
If you have been happy with it, no reason to worry now just because these percentages have just been brought to light.
The picture looks very nice although of course it’s hard to determine anything from a single photo.
But if looks nice to you irl and you liked it, by all means continue to do so!

It does look nice and bright irl. I don't know how to upload videos, it has nice sparkle and colors.

Teena

Rough_Rock
Well, just from this one pic, it looks white and bright. Did you happen to get an ASET?

No, it didn't come with one. I will see if I can get an image

jewels4life

Shiny_Rock
It does look nice and bright irl. I don't know how to upload videos, it has nice sparkle and colors.

You can make a flicker account pretty easily and upload them there and share them here. That’s what I do and other members in this forum use.

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock

Teena, this link is giving me an error, need to sign in response. Is this one a video?
The other links (for me) are visible and your ring and diamond are beautiful. I also had a 60/60 stone years ago and it was bright and reflected a lot of white light with some fire mixed in. You have a beautiful stone. If Karl says the diamond is right in the sweet spot, believe him. There is nothing wrong with your diamond! :)

Reactions: Kya

dmack

Shiny_Rock
I believe I have a 60/60 too, it’s the central diamond in my avatar pic. I see arrows all the time and it’s so white and bright. Yours look amazing!

Teena

Rough_Rock
Teena, this link is giving me an error, need to sign in response. Is this one a video?
The other links (for me) are visible and your ring and diamond are beautiful. I also had a 60/60 stone years ago and it was bright and reflected a lot of white light with some fire mixed in. You have a beautiful stone. If Karl says the diamond is right in the sweet spot, believe him. There is nothing wrong with your diamond! :)

Yes, its a video. Not sure why. Appreciate you sharing. Yes a lot of white light. I haven't worn it much and was surprised to see it show some fire while walking yesterday. Glad to hear your feedback re Karl and that you had a similar stone. Karl seems to be a highly valued expert. Makes me feel better for sure. Thank you.

Reactions: Kya

Teena

Rough_Rock
OOOOH Love your ring. It is bling spectacular!!

I agree with luvmysparklies. If Karl gives it a thumbs up, its a good one!

Thank you so much.

Teena

Rough_Rock
The pictures confirm what the numbers pointed to.
Good numbers and appears to be well executed when it was cut.

Definitely exciting to hear and feel a lot of relief. Appreciate your input.

Teena

Rough_Rock
60/60 is't an issue, I had one and it was stunning, really it's personal preference some are ok with 60/60, other wants precise parameters

Great to hear. There seemed to be varying opinions which made me start to question the diamond. I feel much better now and will enjoy it. It's my 15 year upgrade so didn't want to regret it.

Teena

Rough_Rock
I believe I have a 60/60 too, it’s the central diamond in my avatar pic. I see arrows all the time and it’s so white and bright. Yours look amazing!

Nice, from the little I can see of yours it looks lovely! I see the arrows in mine as well. Enjoy your beautiful ring.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
To help dispel a common misconception:
Well cut 60/60 style stones can display awesome fire in the right lighting.
The difference is not in the quality of the fire as much as it is in how often across the entire range of lighting it shows fire.
It displays fire less often than a modern ideal cut which displays fire less often than an oec across a wide range of lighting.
Seeing Fire is more about lighting than anything else.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful - enjoy your ring!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results