shape
carat
color
clarity

thoughts on marquise stone WF brought in for me

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Give me thoughts on this marquise stone.... It is much smaller than mine but I need feed back on performance etc. Lesely said it is really pretty.

IS_GIA27235001[1].JPG

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
woooo

DI40X_GIA27235001[1].JPG

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
wooo, give me thoughts :)

SARIN_GIA10337683[1].GIF

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While I don''t know much about numbers for marquise stones, the IS of course looks good. What size is your current stone? Are you willing to go down in size for a better cut stone?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it.
nice IS

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Woo, mine is 1.5 ct measurements of 11.5X6.0 I/I2.......this one is 10.95 X4.25 G/VS1. much smaller but much better quality plus trade in. so in 3 years at the 25th I can do a trade for the LARGE stone and great quality. Here is my setting :)

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
you have all seen my new set. The current stone has nice size and shape but icky quality.

MVC-055S.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2006 10:24:55 PM
Author: strmrdr
I like it.
nice IS
I''m with Storm. I like this one a lot!!!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
yeah! I think I may have one. I have been looking forever. I bought the big I2 rock before I came to this site and learned sooooooooooooooooooo much. Now I am willing to sacrifice for the a smaller size but BETTER quality. As you all know I have been looking forever. I hope this is the one to get me to the 25th year :) I think the main area I will notice is the width.

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
I am sorry but I think it is toooooooo skinny!!! ut if you like it, the IS looks good.
It is longer than mine and mine is 1.03 carats so people will think it huge.

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
IS looks nice compared to a lot of the marquise I''ve seen...

Also, I like the skinny look on the marquise. Totally personal preference though...

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/15/2006 1:25:14 AM
Author: Kimberly
I am sorry but I think it is toooooooo skinny!!! ut if you like it, the IS looks good.

It is longer than mine and mine is 1.03 carats so people will think it huge.

I agree! I am a fan of fat marquises. But the IS looks great! If you like the shape, it looks like a really nice stone.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
This looks like a really nice stone with almost no bowtie. It is pretty long and skinny, but it will definitely look bigger for its size. I would go for it if I were you.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Woo, thank you all so much for the feedback. I am a long and skinny marquise girl. My set seems set up for a longer one. It is skinny but it seems like it shows pretty. I love the IS it looks perfect. I don''t know much about the performance aspect but Lesley said better performing stones look bigger.....do you think so.. Valeria did this for me a while back here is a skinnier stone with my set.

twoq12.jpg

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
The IS image is very nice on this stone. Although I personally prefer a fat marquise (my original e-ring and first upgrade were also marquise), the l/w is such a personal preference. Since the IS is so nice, you have Lesley''s word it is a beauty, and if you like the outline of this stone, it looks like it could be "the one" for you. Keep us posted.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Do you think I will be able to use my same platinum head???? my current is 11.5 X 6.0 new 10.95 X4.35

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know about using your current head, but I will say that this stone looks like a winner to me. I love a long skinny marquise. More bang for the buck so to speak. It certainly looks sparkly. Congrats on finding a beauty.

shay

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woo I have been tracking your progress and this Marquise is the best of the bunch IMO.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
woooo, I getting excited. I can''t wait to talk to Lesely. They are two hours behind so I am waiting patiently.....I may be able to have it here tomorrow :) I hope I can use my current head. I just paid big buck for that platinum head. They aren''t cheap.

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
This stone is worlds better than that first one. The IS looks nice, the photo of the diamond looks nice. I personally like them better a little fatter, but it''s not my ring! If you like the longer look (and I do agree your 3 ring set would probably do better with a longer stone) it could be a winner!

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Not in love with the shape, long skinny marquises remind me of the eighties, but maybe that's just me being crazy
27.gif

IS looks good, as do the depth, table, and crown

What is the color and clarity?

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
The color is G and clarity is VS1. I agree it is kind of skinny. I hope now tooooooo skinny

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
Hmmmmm, mine is 1.92. Not skinny nor fat. :)

Beauty is a subjective thing you know and Les may like the stone or she may be saying that to sell you the stone. What matters is will u like it.

Use Dave Atlase's Length to width thing on http://www.gemappraisers.com/ to assess that ratio to be sure it is for you and protect that thin stones tips from breaks as its shape makes it ultra delicate.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
wow, I didn''t know the tips being weak... Good info. Please show me a picture of your marquise. Also, what is your specs.

thanks, woobug

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Woo, I think the IS looks fine! A bit skinny for my tastes, but I like the longer shape works better in your wedding set.
1.gif

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
Oh dear where is my appraissal stuff hmmm
ok here

Shape-Marquise of Course!

10.32 x 5.38 or 1.92 l/w
Color-E
VSI-woulda settled for Si but one was not around
Very good sym and polish
Med-sl.thk girdle
Small culet
Crown % 13.4
Table-55.4
Depth 62.4

This is NOt about my rock but yours. If you like that shape get it. The IS Rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results