shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on Gabriel & NY

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
I tried on this setting, but in a cushion halo (#7527). It was super sparkly and beautiful. I like that it doesn't sit TOO high, but high enough that the wedding band will sit flush. Many halo designs I looked at would need a contour band and I don't really like these. I tried on a ton of halos and this one is my favorite. I LOVE the secret diamond in the profile and there is also another secret diamond inside the band :)

I think this setting would look perfect with a Good Old Gold August Vintage Round diamond. GOG also sells Gabriel settings and I heard that you get a discount when you order the stone and setting from them.
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamondResults.php?shape=1&ctMin=0.4&ctMax=10&optSym=64&inHouse=3&resultsColumns=268435535

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have not seen any of their settings in person, but may pricescopers have been very happy with the quality for the price point.

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
Do a search on Gabriel & Co on Show me the bling and you should have multiple come up. I know Catmom has a wedding band from them. I also looked at their settings online and have only heard good thing about them. A jeweler I visited carried them but I didn't know about G&Co at the time - so some of the settings I looked at were probably Gabriel &Co. All were beautiful!

finallylooking

Rough_Rock
Would a .6 ct Solasfera look awful in a halo?

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
Thoughts on Gabriel & NY

finallylooking said:
Would a .6 ct Solasfera look awful in a halo?
I think it would be lovely. :)

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I have seen these settings in the store and they are very nice.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have not seen in person, only on here when PSers post their new bling - and they all seem to look gorgeous! I recall reading nothing but favourable responses so that would be a positive in their favour!

I would also agree with Mandasand above, GOG sells GabrielNY and thru PS, you could get a slight discount. Even tho you are in Cleveland and they are NYC, seems as tho buying thru them would be a breeze.

Best of luck! Hope it goes well for you...and... a solasfera would be AMAZING in ANY setting! :sun:

finallylooking

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1339589333|3215285 said:
Certainly a Solasfera would be perfect in a halo! And I like Gabriel & Co. settings a lot! This one is my favorite:

http://www.gabrielny.com/amavida/style/ER7925W83JJ

I do LOVE that setting and we both do actually, however I really want a straight band I can wear on its own. BF is looking at something with milgrain on the outside in rose gold and a silver colored metal on the inside of it. Then the two would coordinate on their own!

finallylooking

Rough_Rock
lknvrb4|1339583011|3215257 said:
I have seen these settings in the store and they are very nice.

Where were you able to see one in person? We'd love to touch one before purchasing!

We are working with GOG on the order, too. They've been wonderful so far! :twirl:

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds great! The ONE caveat with the milgrain is it can be slightly uncomfortable. I could feel it in between my fingers with this setting. I wore the setting around for an hour or so. I'm kind of OCD so stuff that bugs me would be perfectly fine for someone else. I still love the setting and I'm hoping it is the one I get. I want an AVC in mine :)

finallylooking

Rough_Rock
mandasand|1339594268|3215328 said:
Sounds great! The ONE caveat with the milgrain is it can be slightly uncomfortable. I could feel it in between my fingers with this setting. I wore the setting around for an hour or so. I'm kind of OCD so stuff that bugs me would be perfectly fine for someone else. I still love the setting and I'm hoping it is the one I get. I want an AVC in mine :)

I've been wearing my eternity pave band from BN on my left hand to get used to something being there. I was wearing a sapphire my mom gave me which had a pretty thin band of 10k wg. It bugged me at first but I'm almost used to it.

And he'll get over it muahahah ;)) Actually, he likes the look of it too and picked it out first!

ETA: I do love the look of the AVC! I just have a hankering for something mega sparkly lol

Meezermom

Shiny_Rock
Did you try Alson's on Chagrin? It's worth it just to take a look around their beautiful showroom - they have some great designers. Also, there is a Jeweler in Bainbridge/Chagrin Falls called Bella Designs Jewelers and they can probably find you anything if there's nothing in their store that appeals to you. The owner also makes gorgeous custom pieces.

Odinsmom

Rough_Rock
Paul Christopher Jewelers at Playhouse Square also carries Gabriel & Sons.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results