shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on doing a rehearsal luncheon rather than dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
So FI has been put in charge of the rehearsal dinner and has thrown out the idea of doing a mid-day thing (around 1:00) rather than a dinner. His reasoning is that it will be less expensive and also that that way we can have that evening to relax.

Is that totally gauche? We would do the rehearsal in the late morning then go over for the meal. What do you guys think?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
People will not be able to come.

ETA: When is your rehearsal scheduled for right now? Are people already planning for it to be in the late morning?

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2010 12:48:26 PM
Author: meresal

ETA: When is your rehearsal scheduled for right now? Are people already planning for it to be in the late morning?

It''s not scheduled yet--we still have a little over 6 months until the wedding.

We kind of figured that since everyone is coming from out of town anyhow, it wouldn''t matter to have it earlier.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2010 12:53:01 PM
Author: ladypirate

Date: 1/26/2010 12:48:26 PM
Author: meresal

It's not scheduled yet--we still have a little over 6 months until the wedding.

We kind of figured that since everyone is coming from out of town anyhow, it wouldn't matter to have it earlier.
It depends on how far out of town you are talking. Are they flying in the previous night, or were they planning on traveling that morning.

If they were planning on traveling in Friday morning/day... then you are now asking them to pay for another night of a hotel in order to be there by Friday morning.

Did that make sense?

Ex. DH and I drive to weddings that are within the state. That can mean 4-5 hours a trip. We need to be at one at the end of March that is 4 hours away, and we are leaving Friday around noon, DH will work a half day. If they switched their rehearsal to late morning, we would have to change our plans and pay for an extra hotel night.

ETA: Also something to think about, if people are traveling from OOT via plane and still want to arrive Friday morning, most hotels don't allow you to check in until mid-afternoon... so those people would need somewhere to keep their bags.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
I think it can work out - I have a friend who is having a rehearsal lunch because the venue has a Friday night wedding, so we have to rehearse earlier in the day and we''re just going to go into a lunch afterwards.

You could probably feel out those people who will be attending the RD to find out if they were planning on coming in on Thursday or not until Friday morning to figure out if it''s reasonable given their schedules. Good luck!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s what I did. We had a Sunday wedding. So a Saturday lunch worked well. If it''s during the week, could be problematic. But for us it saved money and was nice as well.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the input guys.
1.gif
I checked with the important parties yesterday and everyone agreed that a lunch would be fine, so that''s what we''re doing.

35.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear it is going to work out and you will be able to "relax" Friday night!

soontowed

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/27/2010 11:31:04 AM
Author: ladypirate
Thanks for the input guys.
1.gif
I checked with the important parties yesterday and everyone agreed that a lunch would be fine, so that''s what we''re doing.

35.gif
One thing though... make sure you don''t have last minute things that need to get done. The morning before my rehrearsal dinner I was running around doing so many last minute stuff. i don''t know how I would have managed had I had a rehearsal to deal with in the morning.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's a lovely idea!

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
i think its fine but how early will the rehearsal be scheduled then?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a pretty awesometastical idea, LP! I was so stressed the night before the wedding I was about to kill anyone who asked about it. We didnt have a rehearsal, but we had a family dinner and I was pissed off the entire time.
3.gif

Having the night to ourselves would have been such a relief.

I''m glad it worked out for you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results