shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on a stone?

N88

Rough_Rock
I have recently started looking for an engagement ring and found these forums very helpful. I knew nothing about diamonds before last week but now have a basic understanding of grading/cuts. I stumbled onto this stone and wanted the forums input on stone and price ($7,000). Any help is appreciated. Is there anything else I am missing before pulling the trigger? Thanks in advance!

RB, 1.22 Ct, AGS Ideal 0, 6.93-6.97mm x 4.18mm, H Color, SI1 eye clean, negligible fluorescence.
HCA is 1.1 - Excellent in all categories

Table: 56.7%
Crown Angle: 34.5
Crown Height: 14.9%
Girdle: Faceted, 0.6% to 3.0%
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion Depth: 43.0%
Star Length: 54%
Lower Girdle Length: 79%
Total Depth: 60.2%
Culet: Pointed

Johannes89

Rough_Rock
girdle looks very weird to me o_O 0,6%-3%? seems like a huge variation.
everything else looks good by the numbers :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have photos of the stone? The numbers look good, but you need photos as well.

N88

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately I don't have any photos but saw the stone in person at a store and looks great (to my eyes). What is there to worry about girdle thickness? I found some measurements online for girdle dimensions in mm but how do the AGS percent measurements correlate?

SirGuy

Shiny_Rock
The numbers are promising enough to warrant further investigation (images like Ideal-Scope and ASET).

I'm wondering how "eye clean" it is. The term can mean different things to different folks. For some it's 10", for others it's 2". It also depends on how clean it is from all angles.

If for some reason you can't get images (even a CG ASET on the AGS report is better than nothing) I'd do some quality testing. Look at the stone indoors and outdoors. Look at it in different lighting: incandescent, fluorescent, and LED. Jewelry stores' lights are the result of a lot of deliberate attention and effort to make stones look their absolute best, even if it cannot be replicated ever in the real world. Make sure it's good to your eyes in whatever environment you'd see it. :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
N88|1416614362|3788244 said:
Unfortunately I don't have any photos but saw the stone in person at a store and looks great (to my eyes). What is there to worry about girdle thickness? I found some measurements online for girdle dimensions in mm but how do the AGS percent measurements correlate?

There should be no issues with an AGS Ideal cut girdle. That cut grade should exclude any extremes such as very thin or thick. If you saw it and it was eyeclean and looked well cut, then it sounds like you're fine! Did you by chance look at it with a loupe? The price sounds good to me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results