shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts On 1.58 I Vs2 - Is This A Performer?

Hello

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I have been on the Diamond hunt for some time and am fairly knowledgeable on the basics of the 4c's and the pricescope ways. A friend of mine owns a Diamond Store locally and is offering me the below diamond at a discount. I am not sure how much of a discount, but i know it is a discount.. What do you think?

I am concerned that with the 36% crown angle, will have light leakage. See below for the lightscope.

The price on this is just under $9,000. Anybody have a suggestion on a better diamond at a similar price from an online retailer? I ideal stone would be 1.5+, I, Vs2-Sl1, with an excellent cut and sparkly. Floro is fine with me, up to medium.

Round Brilliant

Measurements - 7.39 - 7.44 x 4.61 mm
Carat Weight - 1.58 carat
Color Grade -I
Clarity Grade -VS2
Cut Grade -Excellent

proportions

Depth -62.1 %
Table -58 %
Crown Angle - 36.0°
Crown Height - 15.5%
Pavilion Angle - 40.6°
Pavilion Depth - 43.0%
Star Length - 50%
Lower Half - 80%
Girdle - Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted, 4.0%
Culet - None

finish

Polish - Excellent
Symmetry - Excellent

Fluorescence

Fluorescence - Medium Blue

clarity characteristics

clarity characteristics - Crystal, Feather, Needle

comments

Pinpoints are not shown

_34472.jpg

_34473.jpg

_34474.jpg

_34475.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scores a 2 on the HCA but light return is only very good - not excellent. Unless there is some reason not to, I would keep looking. There are better crown/pavilion angle combos out there.

Preferred: Depth up to 62.3
Table 53-57
Crown 34-35
Pavilion 40.6 - 40.9

Using these guidelines, you should come up with some very nice stones. The crown angle on the stone you posted of 36 kind of throws a wrench in the mix. It could be a very nice stone; I just think there are much better out there.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you get an idealscope or ASET image? The ones you posted are H&A views (which are nice...)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results