shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts/buying advice on this tourmaline pretty please?

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Have you asked the vendor if $600 was the best he could do?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would do it...
But you could first try to negotiate a bit.

S

SparkliesLuver

Acinom said:
I would do it...
But you could first try to negotiate a bit.

+1!

sparkleismyfavcolor

Shiny_Rock
Unfortunately for me, price is firm. :(

Also, the lab brief is from Gemmological Institute of South Africa. Anyone have any info on them? I was able to verify the report.

Should I pull the trigger??

Thanks so much for helping me with this everyone! =)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sparkleismyfavcolor|1409318965|3741322 said:
Unfortunately for me, price is firm. :(

Also, the lab brief is from Gemmological Institute of South Africa. Anyone have any info on them? I was able to verify the report.

Should I pull the trigger??

Thanks so much for helping me with this everyone! =)

What the lab can't tell you is if its irradiated or origin. It can only tell you if its a natural tourmaline.

At least you're able to verify the report. Were you able to do so with the exact measurements of the stone?

sparkleismyfavcolor

Shiny_Rock
TL said:
What the lab can't tell you is if its irradiated or origin. It can only tell you if its a natural tourmaline.

Hmmm that is definitely concerning.

TL said:
At least you're able to verify the report. Were you able to do so with the exact measurements of the stone?

Yes they were able to confirm the measurements.

sparkleismyfavcolor

Shiny_Rock
OK, please forgive me- one last question for everyone (I hope! :naughty: ), one of those "if you were me what would you do" strictly hypothetical questions just to help me make a final decision- :D If you saw this stone for sale somewhere for $600, would you consider buying it, or would you pass?

And again, thanks so much to everyone for your advice! =)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sparkleismyfavcolor|1409335893|3741535 said:
OK, please forgive me- one last question for everyone (I hope! :naughty: ), one of those "if you were me what would you do" strictly hypothetical questions just to help me make a final decision- :D If you saw this stone for sale somewhere for $600, would you consider buying it, or would you pass?

And again, thanks so much to everyone for your advice! =)

I would pass, but as a novice, I might buy it. It depends. It's a bit too grey for me, IF the photos are accurate. If you love the color then, that's all that matters. I am not into tourmaline like I used to be though. My tastes have changed radically over the years.

When I first started buying gems, I bought all kinds of tourmaline, and some really ugly ones that I thought were fantastic. This is a pretty stone, but $600 is a lot of money, and I personally would hold it to find something better. For me to buy a stone these days, there has to be no second guessing it. Everyone is different though.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't do it either. It's a pretty color but....TL is right, it's a lot of money.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
OK, I was wrong in my first post. I should have asked how much. It's too much.

sparkleismyfavcolor

Shiny_Rock
TL said:
I would pass, but as a novice, I might buy it. It depends. It's a bit too grey for me, IF the photos are accurate. If you love the color then, that's all that matters. I am not into tourmaline like I used to be though. My tastes have changed radically over the years.

When I first started buying gems, I bought all kinds of tourmaline, and some really ugly ones that I thought were fantastic. This is a pretty stone, but $600 is a lot of money, and I personally would hold it to find something better. For me to buy a stone these days, there has to be no second guessing it. Everyone is different though.

Thanks TL! That is great advice, and very appreciated! =)

FrekeChild said:
I wouldn't do it either. It's a pretty color but....TL is right, it's a lot of money.

Thanks Freke! =)

texaskj said:
OK, I was wrong in my first post. I should have asked how much. It's too much.

Lol Thanks texaskj! =)

I've decided to send it back, I just am not in love with it and you guys are right, that's a lot of money. It took me 6 months to find the right purple sapphire, so I can wait for a better one to come along!

I appreciate everyone's help and input so, so much. Just love this forum! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results