shape
carat
color
clarity

those of you who have CC garnets

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am thinking of a setting for my new garnet. Chrono advised me against a halo setting. I have another idea, just putting it in a prong and using a gold "dish" underneath to reflect the light so that it could fall on the garnet. (Like a lance handle). Or use one "petal" on one side, like a flower (I think it is called calla, with one big white petal and a yellow stem). It would be made of polished gold. Do you think prongs should provide enough "protection" for a garnet? And how would reflected light affect color change?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Garnets are 7.5 in hardness so they are not an everyday ring. So yes in my experience prongs are enough protection but I don''t wear my garnet every day and I am fairly gentle with my jewelry anyway.

HTH

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you saw the way I treat my jewelry you'd crucify me on the spot. The only things I don't do yet is taking it off when washing my hands, jogging or exercising with it or using it as brass knuckles. But I forget to take it off at night, and several times my hairspray hit my demantoid. The rings I constantly wear are my alexandrite and my ruby. They do not seem to suffer much. I shall be gentle with the color changer. I'll try to make pictures but please don't laugh.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/26/2010 10:34:51 PM
Author: crasru
If you saw the way I treat my jewelry you''d crucify me on the spot. The only things I don''t do yet is taking it off when washing my hands, jogging or exercising with it or using it as brass knuckles. But I forget to take it off at night, and several times my hairspray hit my demantoid. The rings I constantly wear are my alexandrite and my ruby. They do not seem to suffer much. I shall be gentle with the color changer. I''ll try to make pictures but please don''t laugh.
I wear my rings when I wash my hands and if I''m just doing light exercising. I wouldn''t lift weights with rings on -- well I don''t lift weights at all!

I do take off my gemstones at night and before putting on make up or hairspray.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results