shape
carat
color
clarity

this might be the stone..opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mochi211

Rough_Rock
Just came back from the jewelers. This might be it! Can you please tell me your opinions on this??

EGL Cert
Round
1.50 ct
I color
VS2
$8197

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/16/2006 8:40:54 PM
Author:mochi211
Just came back from the jewelers. This might be it! Can you please tell me your opinions on this??

EGL Cert
Round
1.50 ct
I color
VS2
$8197
mochi
ask the vendor for more info on the cut quality,like a sarin report.EGL usa or EGL europe?

mochi211

Rough_Rock
I know i''m about to sound naive... but I have the EGL # and it starts with CA. Does this mean it was certified in EGL labs in Los Angeles?

mochi211

Rough_Rock
just went on the EGL site for the details of the stone. Here it is. Please let me know your opinion.

Weight 1.5 ct.
Shape ROUND BRILLIANT
Color I
Clarity VS2
Measurements 7.27 - 7.23 x 4.59 mm
Depth 63.2
Table 62.0
Crown 14.5
Pavilion 44.6
Girdle MEDIUMFACETED
Polish VERY GOOD
Symmetry VERY GOOD
Fluorescence FAINT
Culet NONE
Cut Grade
Lot
Comments Laser inscribed

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I would pass on this stone. The depth is on the high side causing it to face up smaller than a well-cut 1.5 ct stone should. Also, the table is too big for my taste. But if you've seen the stone and love it, then it doesn't really matter what the numbers say. For that amount of money, though, I'd rather have a smaller ideal cut stone.

If this stone is eyeclean, what about something like this? The diameter of this stone is very close to the stone you're considering.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_40ct_e_si2_h%26a.htm

Here's a 1.5 ct stone. It's a J color, but depending on where your EGL cert came from, that I color could very well be a J color by GIA or AGS standards.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_51ct_j_si1_h%26a.htm

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results