shape
carat
color
clarity

This may be the one

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deano

Rough_Rock
The board has been very helpful with my search. The comments regarding color have me concerned though so I though I would ask the opinion of others.

The vendor assures me that the this is an excellant buy and as far as I can tell it may be the one. What do you think of the color though?
GIAH&A Ideal
VVS2
K color? Says it looks like an I
6.62x6.67x4.01
Depth 60.3
Table 57
Pol EX
Sym EX
Cut None
Gir VT to Med
Fluor none
$4K

Deano

Rough_Rock
Sorry, forgot to mention 1.05 ct

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
If you have the crown and pavilion angles (or %''s if not angles), post them to get more feedback on the cut. I personally would trade off clarity for better color. VVS is paying for something that you can''t see. There are many great SI1''s, some cherry picked SI2''s, and if you are nervous about clarity, even VS2 will save you a lot that you could put to a color bump. K is not a bad color. Color is a personal preference, so you should probably look at some well cut K stones in person if possible.

GFORCE100

Rough_Rock
A very thin girldle will be more prone to chipping so bare this in mind and perhaps look further.

Ideally you want a medium girldle, thin to medium or medium to slightly thick for rounds (in this order).

set2374

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/8/2005 9:47:18 AM
Author: GFORCE100
A very thin girldle will be more prone to chipping so bare this in mind and perhaps look further.

Ideally you want a medium girldle, thin to medium or medium to slightly thick for rounds (in this order).
I wouldn''t worry about a very thin girdle, especially on a RB (which is what you''re looking for). Stay away from extremely thin and extremely thick, but other variances are generally ok. I would be careful with K. For $4,000, I would be more comfortable going for a 1 carat ideal cut H-I SI1-2.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results